• multicolumn display not working

From Nelgin@nelgin@EOTLBBS.remove-c65-this to digitalman on Wed Jun 3 19:08:50 2020
    From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.synchronet

To: digitalman
    For some reason, multicolumn display isn't working for me.

In modopts.ini I have this
    ; Enable multi-column display (when more than 10 external programs in a section) multicolumn = true

Which would indicate if I had 11 programs, it would use multicolumn formatting. I have 17.

However, later multicolumn is getting set to false

var multicolumn = options.multicolumn && prog_list.length > options.singlecolumn_height;

Maybe because of this:
    if(options.singlecolumn_height == undefined)
    options.singlecolumn_height = console.screen_rows - options.singlecolumn_margin;

So it looks like it's nothing to do with the numebr of programs, but the calculated number of lines based on number of programs, screen rows, and some "margin" which I assume is to maybe account for a header in xtrnx_head.asc files.

Maybe modopts.ini needs to be updated to reflect what xtrn_sec.js is doing?

Thanks,
    Nigel

---
    þ Synchronet þ End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Win32 NewsLink 1.113
    * Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Digital Man@digital.man@vert.synchro.net.remove-iov-this to Nelgin on Wed Jun 3 23:58:29 2020
    From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.synchronet

To: Nelgin
    Re: multicolumn display not working
    By: Nelgin to digitalman on Wed Jun 03 2020 12:08 pm

You have to post to me, but if you do, it's "digital man", not "digitalman" :-)

For some reason, multicolumn display isn't working for me.

In modopts.ini I have this
    ; Enable multi-column display (when more than 10 external programs in a section) multicolumn = true

As we discussed in IRC, set singlecolumn_height to the value you want in the [xtrn_sec] section of modopts.ini, as documented at http://wiki.synchro.net/module:xtrn_sec

Maybe because of this:
    if(options.singlecolumn_height == undefined)
    options.singlecolumn_height = console.screen_rows - options.singlecolumn_margin;

So it looks like it's nothing to do with the numebr of programs, but the calculated number of lines based on number of programs, screen rows, and some "margin" which I assume is to maybe account for a header in xtrnx_head.asc files.

Maybe modopts.ini needs to be updated to reflect what xtrn_sec.js is doing?

Thanks,
    Nigel

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #10:
    Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year... just not widely reported. Norco, CA WX: 92.6øF, 23.0% humidity, 6 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Win32 NewsLink 1.113
    * Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113