• A custom BBS

From tfurrows@VERT/TINFOILH to All on Fri Dec 9 21:16:05 2016
    Telnet to Jozhaus.com port 2323, and try out my simple BBS software, SlightBBS. I created it because I wanted to run a bare-bones, no-frills board on Linux, without a lot of setup hassle. The source is available on Sourceforge for anyone who wants to do the same.

It's a non-distributed, non-connected bbs system; a place to discuss, or just read anonymously. No games, no files, nothing but discussion. Admittedly for a particular type of user, but we're out there :)

JOZHAUS.COM port 2323

Thanks!

---
    þ Synchronet þ TinFoil Hat - tojam.net
  • From Gryphon@VERT/CYBERIA to tfurrows on Tue Dec 13 20:38:00 2016
    On 12/09/16, tfurrows said the following...

Telnet to Jozhaus.com port 2323, and try out my simple BBS software, SlightBBS. I created it because I wanted to run a bare-bones, no-frills board on Linux, without a lot of setup hassle. The source is available
    on Sourceforge for anyone who wants to do the same.

It's a non-distributed, non-connected bbs system; a place to discuss, or just read anonymously. No games, no files, nothing but discussion. Admittedly for a particular type of user, but we're out there :)

JOZHAUS.COM port 2323

What does SlightBBS use for the message base system?

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A31 (Raspberry Pi)
    * Origin: Cyberia BBS | Cyberia.Darktech.Org | Kingwood, TX
  • From tfurrows@VERT/TINFOILH to Gryphon on Wed Dec 14 01:42:37 2016
    Re: A custom BBS
    By: Gryphon to tfurrows on Tue Dec 13 2016 12:38 pm

On 12/09/16, tfurrows said the following...

Telnet to Jozhaus.com port 2323, and try out my simple BBS software, SlightBBS. I created it because I wanted to run a bare-bones, no-frills board on Linux, without a lot of setup hassle. The source is available on Sourceforge for anyone who wants to do the same.

It's a non-distributed, non-connected bbs system; a place to discuss, o just read anonymously. No games, no files, nothing but discussion. Admittedly for a particular type of user, but we're out there :)

JOZHAUS.COM port 2323

What does SlightBBS use for the message base system?

SlightBBS is inspired by bboard, which you can find running today on sdf.org as well as their twenex system, and on their AT&T 3b2/1000 (unix sys v)... so, it's an older mentality. The board keeps all of it's messages in flat files in the filesystem. You can download the source on sourceforge, it's very simplistic. On grex.org there is a php and a perl version (the perl one is a client/server model). It's not really setup to share across systems, but that could easily be added.

---
    þ Synchronet þ TinFoil Hat - tojam.net