• music releases

From The Dark Rider@VERT/DUNDER to The Millionaire on Wed Aug 22 23:59:59 2012
    Re: music releases
    By: The Millionaire to All on Tue Aug 21 2012 18:09:18

Some more releases planned for 2012/2013:
    2. Depeche Mode (2013)

Looking forward to this one, even though I haven't really been impressed with DM since Alan Wilder left. That said, Wilder just did a remix on the last DM remix collection, so maybe there's hope... :)

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Underground - telnet://sinep.gotdns.com
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to The Dark Rider on Thu Aug 23 18:05:38 2012
    By: The Dark Rider to The Millionaire on Wed Aug 22 2012 06:59 pm

By: The Millionaire to All on Tue Aug 21 2012 18:09:18

Some more releases planned for 2012/2013:
    2. Depeche Mode (2013)

Looking forward to this one, even though I haven't really been impressed wit DM since Alan Wilder left. That said, Wilder just did a remix on the last DM remix collection, so maybe there's hope... :)

Yeah I hear that Alan Wilder wants to return to DM. Not sure if it will
    happen or not though. I thought DM's last good album was "Playing The Angel" but "Sounds Of The Universe" was a mediocre album. As you might not now David gahan is writing more for DM than before in his career and Martin Gore wrote all the songs pretty much through most of the years. I have heard that Martin wants to go back to writing again and this time with David but that he is stepping up to Producer. Should be interesting to see what that will be like that's for sure.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place
    Surrey, B.C., Canada Û  Û

the.millionaire@parkave.synchro.net

---
    þ Synchronet þ Park Avenue Place - parkave.synchro.net
  • From The Dark Rider@VERT/DUNDER to The Millionaire on Fri Aug 24 00:49:59 2012
    By: The Millionaire to The Dark Rider on Thu Aug 23 2012 13:05:38

Looking forward to this one, even though I haven't really been impressed DM since Alan Wilder left. That said, Wilder just did a remix on the last remix collection, so maybe there's hope... :)

Yeah I hear that Alan Wilder wants to return to DM. Not sure if it will happen or not though. I thought DM's last good album was "Playing The Angel" but "Sounds Of The Universe" was a mediocre album. As you might not now Davi gahan is writing more for DM than before in his career and Martin Gore wrote all the songs pretty much through most of the years. I have heard that Marti wants to go back to writing again and this time with David but that he is stepping up to Producer. Should be interesting to see what that will be like that's for sure.

I heard the same thing. Then again, there's usually a lot of rumor swirling about whenever DM decides to announce a new release and not much else is known yet. I'd actually like to hear Martin Gore sing more often. He always lent a sweeter touch to some of the album tracks, especially on Black Celebration (which to me was basically Gore's album, not just in terms of the songwriting he always did in those days).

And yeah, hasn't Dave Gahan been writing some of the songs since Playing the Angel? I really liked "Precious" and "John the Revelator" off that album, but I can't listen to PTA, SOTU or Exciter all the way through like I can Violator, Music for the Masses, Black Celebration or even Songs of Faith and Devotion.

That said, I am still looking forward to the 2013 album.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Underground - telnet://sinep.gotdns.com
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to The Dark Rider on Fri Aug 24 18:52:57 2012
    By: The Dark Rider to The Millionaire on Thu Aug 23 2012 07:49 pm

By: The Millionaire to The Dark Rider on Thu Aug 23 2012 13:05:38

Looking forward to this one, even though I haven't really been impress DM since Alan Wilder left. That said, Wilder just did a remix on the l remix collection, so maybe there's hope... :)

Yeah I hear that Alan Wilder wants to return to DM. Not sure if it will happen or not though. I thought DM's last good album was "Playing The Ang but "Sounds Of The Universe" was a mediocre album. As you might not now D gahan is writing more for DM than before in his career and Martin Gore wr all the songs pretty much through most of the years. I have heard that Ma wants to go back to writing again and this time with David but that he is stepping up to Producer. Should be interesting to see what that will be l that's for sure.

I heard the same thing. Then again, there's usually a lot of rumor swirling about whenever DM decides to announce a new release and not much else is kno yet. I'd actually like to hear Martin Gore sing more often. He always lent a sweeter touch to some of the album tracks, especially on Black Celebration (which to me was basically Gore's album, not just in terms of the songwritin he always did in those days).

And yeah, hasn't Dave Gahan been writing some of the songs since Playing the Angel? I really liked "Precious" and "John the Revelator" off that album, bu can't listen to PTA, SOTU or Exciter all the way through like I can Violator Music for the Masses, Black Celebration or even Songs of Faith and Devotion.

That said, I am still looking forward to the 2013 album.

Sounds of the universe was I believe their first so-so album since most of their albums were constructed with perfectionism. Hopefully the new album
    will bring them back up to par again.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place
    Surrey, B.C., Canada Û  Û

the.millionaire@parkave.synchro.net

---
    þ Synchronet þ Park Avenue Place - parkave.synchro.net