• Under The Dome

From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to All on Sat Aug 10 12:29:24 2013
    Has anyone been watching the TV series Under The Dome? One of my family members introduced me to it, and now I've caught up with the show via Amazon Prime, and I really enjoy the show so far. Even with some of the weirdness of the show, I think the storytelling is good. If you've seen it, what do you think?

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion BBS - digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Bill McGarrity@VERT/TEQUILAM to Nightfox on Sat Aug 10 23:22:00 2013
    Nightfox wrote to All <=-

Has anyone been watching the TV series Under The Dome? One of my
    family members introduced me to it, and now I've caught up with the
    show via Amazon Prime, and I really enjoy the show so far. Even with
    some of the weirdness of the show, I think the storytelling is good.
    If you've seen it, what do you think?

Monday at 10PM EDT I'm tuned into CBS... :)

Bill

Telnet: bbs.tequilamockingbirdonline.net
    IRC: irc.tequilamockingbirdonline.net Ports: 6661-6670 SSL: +6697
    Radio: radio.tequilamockingbirdonline.net:8010/live

... Look TWICE.... Save a life. Motorcycles are EVERYWHERE!!
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    þ Synchronet þ TequilaMockingbird Online - TELNET: tequilamockingbirdonline.net
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to Nightfox on Sat Aug 10 21:32:17 2013
    Re: Under The Dome
    By: Nightfox to All on Sat Aug 10 2013 07:29 am

Has anyone been watching the TV series Under The Dome? One of my family members introduced me to it, and now I've caught up with the show via Amazon Prime, and I really enjoy the show so far. Even with some of the weirdness of the show, I think the storytelling is good. If you've seen it, what do you think?

I wish I could remember the book. I feel like the show has made some drastic departures (not bad ones), but I cna't put my finger on it. Really need to read that book again.

Anyhow, I think they did really good with it. I'm certainly on the edge of my seat each night, just like a good King story should do.

Speaking of King, anyone seen "You Can't Kill Stephen King"? Kind of a B-budget movie (might even be an amateur thing for all I know). Normally I don't go for horror movies, even comedic ones, but it was a really good pick at King and his books done in fun.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Southeast Texas Chat
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to Nightfox on Sun Aug 11 01:12:58 2013

Has anyone been watching the TV series Under The Dome? One of my family members introduced me to it, and now I've caught up with the show via
    Amazon Prime, and I really enjoy the show so far. Even with some of the weirdness of the show, I think the storytelling is good. If you've seen
    it, what do you think?

Nightfox

I saw the previews. Looked good. A woman I know is watching it.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place
    Surrey, B.C., Canada
    the.millionaire@parkave.synchro.net

---
    þ Synchronet þ Park Avenue Place - parkave.synchro.net
  • From Jethro@VERT/MSRDBBS to Nightfox on Sun Aug 11 17:19:41 2013

Has anyone been watching the TV series Under The Dome? One of my family members introduced me to it, and now I've caught up with the show via Amazon Prime, and I really enjoy the show so far. Even with some of the weirdness the show, I think the storytelling is good. If you've seen it, what do you think?

Nightfox

I know this is kind of lame, but Under the Dome is actually filmed at a studio in my "home town" of Wilmington NC. That being said, I've only ever watched two of the shows... I wasn't extremely impressed with it, but I guess it's a good filler while I bide the time until Game of Thrones comes back. :) For me, even when the show isn't great, it's still fun to watch for places that I recognise.

Jethro

---
    þ Synchronet þ MS & RD BBs - bbs.mozysswamp.org
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Dreamer on Sun Aug 11 12:40:18 2013
    By: Dreamer to Nightfox on Sat Aug 10 2013 16:32:17

I wish I could remember the book. I feel like the show has made some drastic departures (not bad ones), but I cna't put my finger on it. Really need to read that book again.

I haven't read the book (didn't know about it), but I have heard that they made some significant changes for the TV show. I still think it's a good show though.

Anyhow, I think they did really good with it. I'm certainly on the edge of my seat each night, just like a good King story should do.

It has kept me on the edge of my seat too. I really enjoy it.

Nightfox

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Jethro on Sun Aug 11 12:41:37 2013
    By: Jethro to Nightfox on Sun Aug 11 2013 12:19:41

I know this is kind of lame, but Under the Dome is actually filmed at a studio in my "home town" of Wilmington NC. That being said, I've only ever watched two of the shows... I wasn't extremely impressed with it, but I guess it's a good filler while I bide the time until Game of Thrones comes back. :) For me, even when the show isn't great, it's still fun to watch for places that I recognise.

I agree, it's fun to watch a show when you recognize where it was filmed. Also I don't think it much matters where a TV show/movie is filmed, as long as it conveys the story well.

Nightfox

---
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to Jethro on Sun Aug 11 15:32:00 2013
    Jethro wrote to Nightfox <=-

Has anyone been watching the TV series Under The Dome? One of my family members introduced me to it, and now I've caught up with the show via Amazon Prime, and I really enjoy the show so far. Even with some of the weirdness the show, I think the storytelling is good. If you've seen it, what do you think?

I know this is kind of lame, but Under the Dome is actually filmed at a studio in my "home town" of Wilmington NC. That being said, I've only ever watched two of the shows... I wasn't extremely impressed with it,
    but I guess it's a good filler while I bide the time until Game of
    Thrones comes back. :) For me, even when the show isn't great, it's
    still fun to watch for places that I recognise.

Yeah, it's more of a drama than an action show... It's best viewed
    watching from the first episode on. I'd say the first couple were
    good for the fun of watching the shock go through town (love that cow
    scene as the dome comes down)... the show is just now getting
    interesting again as they start exploring why the two kids are having
    the seizures, the way they're tied to the dome, etc.

--- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
    þ Synchronet þ Southeast Texas Chat
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Nightfox on Mon Aug 12 02:39:32 2013
    By: Nightfox to All on Sat Aug 10 2013 07:29:24

Has anyone been watching the TV series Under The Dome? One of my family members introduced me to it, and now I've caught up with the show via Amazon Prime, and I really enjoy the show so far. Even with some of the weirdness of
    the show, I think the storytelling is good. If you've seen it, what do you think?

Based on the stephen king book, I assume? Looks like I'll be torrenting at some point in the future, that
    was a damn good book.

-The opinions expressed are not necessarily an advocation of any of the aforementioned ideologies, concepts, or actions. We still have the freedom of speech, for now, and I enjoy using it in a satirical or ficticious manner to amuse myself-

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a
    revolutionary act." -- George Orwell

---
    þ Synchronet þ Tinfoil Tetrahedron : telnet bismaninfo.hopto.org 8023 : http:8080
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Khelair on Tue Aug 13 23:38:07 2013
    By: Khelair to Nightfox on Sun Aug 11 2013 21:39:32

Based on the stephen king book, I assume? Looks like I'll be torrenting at some point in the future, that was a damn good book.

Yes, it's based on his book. I haven't read the book, but I've heard the show differs significantly from the book. I like the show though, but perhaps it's because I'm not biased since I haven't read the book.

Nightfox

---
  • From the doctor@VERT/QBBS to NIGHTFOX on Sat Aug 17 05:36:00 2013
    --- NIGHTFOX wrote --
    I agree, it's fun to watch a show when you recognize where it was filmed.
    I don't think it much matters where a TV show/movie is filmed, as long as conveys the story well

There is also the opposite situation -- when a show is set someplace (in the case I'm thinking of, Medium, was supposed to be set in Phoenix) and it bears no resembelance to where it is supposed to be set, at all.

It's even more annoying when that place is your hometown.

For example, in that brain dead show, the Maricopa county officials were portrayed as reasonable, and competent.

---
    * TARDIS BBS - Home of QUARKware * telnet bbs.cortex-media.info
  • From Poindexter Fortran@VERT/REALITY to the doctor on Fri Aug 16 23:59:35 2013
    By: the doctor to NIGHTFOX on Sat Aug 17 2013 12:36 am

There is also the opposite situation -- when a show is set someplace (in the case I'm thinking of, Medium, was supposed to be set in Phoenix) and it bears no resembelance to where it is supposed to be set, at all.

Almost as bad as when Sean Connery tries to do a Lithuanian accent. Or a Spanish accent. Or tries to speak Japanese.

---
    þ Synchronet þ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Froggyme@VERT/LILLYPAD to the doctor on Sun Aug 18 07:49:02 2013
    By: the doctor to NIGHTFOX on Sat Aug 17 2013 12:36 am

There is also the opposite situation -- when a show is set someplace (in
    the case I'm thinking of, Medium, was supposed to be set in Phoenix) and it bears no resembelance to where it is supposed to be set, at all.

It's even more annoying when that place is your hometown.

Can you say "Psych"? Santa Barbara, my butt, unless it's a secret, unveiled portion of the town locked away in some alternate dimension that I never discovered... Santa Barbara doesn't suck like that Orange County-esqe city in which it is really filmed.

Peter

BTW, if this message makes it to DOVE-NET, then YES, my bbs is working!

---
    þ Synchronet þ Sent from The Lillypad BBS - lillypad.synchro.net
  • From Froggyme@VERT/LILLYPAD to the doctor on Sun Aug 18 07:50:59 2013
    By: Froggyme to the doctor on Sun Aug 18 2013 02:49 am

Can you say "Psych"? Santa Barbara, my butt, unless it's a secret,
    unveiled portion of the town locked away in some alternate dimension that I

Ack, I meant "veiled"!

---
    þ Synchronet þ Sent from The Lillypad BBS - lillypad.synchro.net
  • From Mark Hofmann@VERT/TCP to Nightfox on Sat Aug 31 15:36:44 2013
    Has anyone been watching the TV series Under The Dome? One of my family members introduced me to it, and now I've caught up with the show via
    Amazon Prime, and I really enjoy the show so far. Even with some of the weirdness of the show, I think the storytelling is good. If you've seen
    it, what do you think?

We have been watching it, too. It isn't a bad show, but wouldn't say it is one
    of the best. Worth watching, though.

My favorites right now are Walking Dead, Justified, Continuum, Longmire, Falling Skies, and Haven.

- Mark

--- WWIVToss v.1.50
    * Origin: http://www.weather-station.org * Bel Air, MD -USA (33:1/3.0)
    þ Synchronet þ curmudge.hopto.org
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Mark Hofmann on Sun Sep 1 23:32:54 2013
    Re: Re: Under The Dome
    By: Mark Hofmann to Nightfox on Sat Aug 31 2013 10:36 am

We have been watching it, too. It isn't a bad show, but wouldn't say it is of the best. Worth watching, though.

My favorites right now are Walking Dead, Justified, Continuum, Longmire, Falling Skies, and Haven.

- Mark

I like walking dead.
    I have a friend that has a rat that is on the show sometimes.

"Practise safe Lunch, Use a Condiment"

---
    þ Synchronet þ Three Stooges - Las Vegas, Nv - tsgc.synchro.net
  • From Froggyme@VERT/LILLYPAD to Corey on Wed Sep 4 06:44:43 2013
    By: Corey to Mark Hofmann on Sun Sep 01 2013 06:32 pm

I like walking dead.

Wow! I love rats! What a famous rat.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Sent from The Lillypad BBS - lillypad.synchro.net:2323
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Froggyme on Wed Sep 4 13:17:04 2013
    By: Froggyme to Corey on Wed Sep 04 2013 01:44 am

By: Corey to Mark Hofmann on Sun Sep 01 2013 06:32 pm

I like walking dead.

Wow! I love rats! What a famous rat.

his name is Kurt.
    he was playing a "food" rat the zombies were trying to use for food.
    he was suppost to see them coming and run away from them.
    but, off camera they were all playing with him,
    so, when the director yelled action, he saw them, and ran toward them instead of away. so he was put in a cage instead.
    he got to wear makeup to make him look like a wild rat.

"Practise safe Lunch, Use a Condiment"

---
    þ Synchronet þ Three Stooges - Las Vegas, Nv - tsgc.synchro.net
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Mark Hofmann on Wed Sep 4 17:34:43 2013
    We have been watching it, too. It isn't a bad show, but wouldn't say it is one of the best. Worth watching, though.

Yeah, I'd agree that it might not be the best, but I think it's entertaining enough to watch. I don't watch much TV regularly, but this is one of the recent new shows that I've been interested in enough to keep watching.

Nightfox

---