• TV: Mars The Miniseriess

From Chris@VERT/DMINE to All on Wed Nov 30 09:19:17 2016
    Is anyone watching the miniseries currently running on National Geographic channel called 'Mars'?

It's three episodes in and I'm liking this one a lot. It felt like it might be overly dry at first (which shouldn't be a big deal anyway), but it's great (and unique) combination of real life current day documentary style interviews mixed with a fictional story set in 2033. The story follows a crew of astronoughts landing on Mars and attempting to colonize the planet.

Has anyone else caught this show? What did you think?

------------------------------------------------------------------
    CDP
    The Diamond Mine BBS - telnet://bbs.dmine.net
    The Retro Room - http://forums.delphiforums.com/retroroom ------------------------------------------------------------------

---
    þ Synchronet þ Diamond Mine Online - bbs.dmine.net - Fredericksburg, VA USA
  • From Gryphon@VERT/CYBERIA to Chris on Wed Nov 30 16:17:00 2016
    On 11/30/16, Chris said the following...

Is anyone watching the miniseries currently running on National
    Geographic channel called 'Mars'?

It's three episodes in and I'm liking this one a lot. It felt like it might be overly dry at first (which shouldn't be a big deal anyway), but it's great (and unique) combination of real life current day documentary style interviews mixed with a fictional story set in 2033. The story follows a crew of astronoughts landing on Mars and attempting to
    colonize the planet.
    Has anyone else caught this show? What did you think?

I plan to watch this. I haven't started it yet. The idea and premise intrigues me.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A31 (Raspberry Pi)
    * Origin: Cyberia BBS | Cyberia.Darktech.Org | Kingwood, TX
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to Gryphon on Thu Dec 1 15:52:00 2016
    Gryphon wrote to Chris <=-

Is anyone watching the miniseries currently running on National
    Geographic channel called 'Mars'?

I plan to watch this. I haven't started it yet. The idea and premise intrigues me.

It's on my watch list too.

... ILLITERATE? Write for a free brochure...
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    þ Synchronet þ Freeway BBS in Bendigo, Australia.
  • From Chris@VERT/DMINE to Gryphon on Fri Dec 2 07:05:50 2016
    Re: TV: Mars The Miniseriess
    By: Gryphon to Chris on Wed Nov 30 2016 08:17 am

The ads leading up to the premier only gave a vague clue as to what the series was. I didn't quite know where they were going with it (in terms of show layout) until I got about halfway through the first episode.
    So far it's been pretty good. I'd like to see more science applied to fiction stories in this way.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    CDP
    The Diamond Mine BBS - telnet://bbs.dmine.net
    The Retro Room - http://forums.delphiforums.com/retroroom ------------------------------------------------------------------

---
    þ Synchronet þ Diamond Mine Online - bbs.dmine.net - Fredericksburg, VA USA