• The Founder

From Deavmi@VERT/KK4QBN to All on Tue Apr 18 16:17:21 2017
    Just watched a movie called "The Founder". It's about the McDonalds Corporation. Brilliant movie.

+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+
    Tristan B. Kildaire (deavmi@kk4qbn.synchro.net)
    Info: `finger deavmi@kk4qbn.synchro.net` +----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+

---
    þ Synchronet þ KK4QBN + (706)-422-9538 + kk4qbn.synchro.net + 24/7/365
  • From Jagossel@VERT/MTLGEEK to Deavmi on Tue Apr 18 22:24:26 2017
    Re: The Founder
    By: Deavmi to All on Tue Apr 18 2017 09:17:21

Just watched a movie called "The Founder". It's about the McDonalds Corporation. Brilliant movie.

Wss it anti-corporate like like "Super Size Me" was?

No, I was not a fan "Super Size Me" because the documentist blamed McDonalds for the obesity, and made outragious claims that a good majority of Americans are obese. I am glad that "Fat Heads" was made and was a counter-point to "Super Size Me."

Which, don't get me started on the whole BMI thing either. According to the BMI classification, I am obese; but if you meet me in peroson, you would say that I'm overweight, not obese.

-jag
    Code It, Script It, Automate It!

---
    þ Synchronet þ MtlGeek - Geeks in Montreal - http://mtlgeek.com/ -
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to Jagossel on Wed Apr 19 16:02:00 2017
    Jagossel wrote to Deavmi <=-

Which, don't get me started on the whole BMI thing either. According to the BMI classification, I am obese; but if you meet me in peroson, you would say that I'm overweight, not obese.

BMI is a very rough indicator. I come up as "overweight", but if you see me, you wouldn't see much in the way of excess weight, certainly less than many others with my height and a lesser BMI. The reason, I'm a track sprinter (Masters! :D ), have worked out in the gym for many years and a lot of my weight is muscle, which is more dense than fat, and therefore screws up the underlying assumptions BMI is based on. :)

... Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    þ Synchronet þ Freeway BBS in Bendigo, Australia.
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Jagossel on Wed Apr 19 03:33:04 2017
    By: Jagossel to Deavmi on Tue Apr 18 2017 03:24 pm

Wss it anti-corporate like like "Super Size Me" was?

No, I was not a fan "Super Size Me" because the documentist blamed McDonalds for the obesity, and made outragious claims that a good majority of Americans are obese. I am glad that "Fat Heads" was made and was a

overall i like spurlock's stuff. supersize me was obviously him trying
    to put himself on the map. i like his tv show.

according to that fucking BMI everyone is obese. it says i'm obese and i can run 5 miles and i lift 100lb boxes at work half the day.

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Jagossel@VERT/MTLGEEK to Vk3jed on Wed Apr 19 03:20:43 2017
    Re: Re: The Founder
    By: Vk3jed to Jagossel on Wed Apr 19 2017 09:02:00

BMI is a very rough indicator. I come up as "overweight", but if you see me you wouldn't see much in the way of excess weight, certainly less than many others with my height and a lesser BMI. The reason, I'm a track sprinter (Masters! :D ), have worked out in the gym for many years and a lot of my weight is muscle, which is more dense than fat, and therefore screws up the underlying assumptions BMI is based on. :)

That kind of proves how unreliable the BMI is. I have heard instances of people who do work out and are considered, "over weight". Ignoring the fact that muscle weighs more than fat.

LOL! Really? Your randonly picked tag-line is that? How fitting. :D

-jag
    Code it, Script it, Automate it!

---
    þ Synchronet þ MtlGeek - Geeks in Montreal - http://mtlgeek.com/ -
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to Jagossel on Wed Apr 19 18:36:00 2017
    Jagossel wrote to Vk3jed <=-

weight is muscle, which is more dense than fat, and therefore screws up the underlying assumptions BMI is based on. :)

That kind of proves how unreliable the BMI is. I have heard instances
    of people who do work out and are considered, "over weight". Ignoring
    the fact that muscle weighs more than fat.

Yes, some elite athletes show up as "obese", a more extreme example. :)

LOL! Really? Your randonly picked tag-line is that? How fitting. :D

LOL, it was random, I didn't even realise what tagline was chosen!

... Amiga: The Computer They Couldn't Kill
    þ Synchronet þ Freeway BBS in Bendigo, Australia.
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Deavmi on Mon Apr 24 23:15:40 2017
    By: Deavmi to All on Tue Apr 18 2017 09:17 am

I've been interested in seeing that. I don't watch many documentaries, but that one looks interesting, even if I don't eat at McDonalds very often. It still seems like it would be interesting to hear the story of probably one of the most well-known/infamous companies in the world.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Stargazer@VERT/WIZARDOS to Deavmi on Thu May 11 01:07:06 2017

+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+
    Tristan B. Kildaire (deavmi@kk4qbn.synchro.net)
    Info: `finger deavmi@kk4qbn.synchro.net` +----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+

Yeah, I saw that movie. Not bad, very interesting man he was.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Wizard of OS BBS - 10.0.0.160
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Deavmi on Sat Jun 3 19:22:49 2017

I liked it too. Amazing how the "founder" was able to buy the rights to the McDonald's brothers own name. Those guys must absolutely hate seeing McDonald's (their own name) everywhere after they got screwed so hard.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #3:
    Synchronet version 2 was written in C and 8086 assembly programming languages. Norco, CA WX: 82.4øF, 50.0% humidity, 10 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Matthew Munson@VERT/IUTOPIA to DEAVMI on Sat Jun 3 19:12:00 2017
    DEAVMI wrote to ALL <=-

You mean how Ray Kroc took the company over from the McDonald family?

þ wcQWK 7.0
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Nightfox on Sat Jun 3 19:36:33 2017
    By: Nightfox to Deavmi on Mon Apr 24 2017 04:15 pm

I've been interested in seeing that. I don't watch many documentaries, but that one looks interesting, even if I don't eat at McDonalds very often. It still seems like it would be interesting to hear the story of probably one of the most well-known/infamous companies in the world.

It's not a documentary, so perhaps that makes it even more entertaining. The acting is pretty great, but the whole history part is what stuck with me.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #16:
    Synchronet first supported FidoNet networking (with SBBSFIDO) in 1992.
    Norco, CA WX: 83.0øF, 46.0% humidity, 5 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Digital Man on Sun Jun 4 02:09:27 2017
    By: Digital Man to Deavmi on Sat Jun 03 2017 12:22 pm

I liked it too. Amazing how the "founder" was able to buy the rights to the McDonald's brothers own name. Those guys must absolutely hate seeing McDonald's (their own name) everywhere after they got screwed so hard.

well they didnt want to go big and ray did. i didnt watch the movie yet and i'm not so sure about the whole story but what i remember hearing about it is ray was more business minded.

the mcdonald bros were good businessmen on a smaller scale so i'm sure they did fine up until their deaths. the heirs, i'm sure are wishing they had that mickyd's money.

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::