• StarTrek

From Brokenmind@VERT/TIABBS to All on Tue Feb 26 20:34:16 2019
    I don't remember were i heard this. but i seem to remember something about Patrick Stewart will be comming back in some type of star trek series in the future. anyone hear anythin simular?

---
    þ Synchronet þ THe iNSANE AsYLuM BBs - TiABBs.SYNCHRO.NET TiABBs.ZAPTO.ORG
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Brokenmind on Tue Feb 26 20:51:38 2019
    Re: StarTrek
    By: Brokenmind to All on Tue Feb 26 2019 12:34 pm

I don't remember were i heard this. but i seem to remember something about Patrick Stewart will be comming back in some type of star trek series in the future. anyone hear anythin simular?

Yeah, I've been hearing about that and have seen some updates on it recently. Supposedly it will just be a series about Picard that takes place about 20 or so years from when TNG ended (so the time period about coincides with real time). And I heard Patrick Stewart say he'll be a "different Picard" in this series. I'm not quite sure what that means.. Maybe he'll be retired from Starfleet? And I've also heard that the other TNG characters might not appear in this series.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to Nightfox on Wed Feb 27 01:01:02 2019
    By: Nightfox to Brokenmind on Tue Feb 26 2019 12:51 pm

Yeah, I've been hearing about that and have seen some updates on it recently. Supposedly it will just be a series about Picard that takes place about 20 or so years from when TNG ended (so the time period about coincides with real time). And I heard Patrick Stewart say he'll be a "different Picard" in this series. I'm not quite sure what that means.. Maybe he'll be retired from Starfleet? And I've also heard that the other TNG characters might not appear in this series.

This takes place after the movies, after the Dominion War and after the destruction of Romulus. It's possible Picard had to do some ... questionable things during those times.

During TNG, Picard went through a lot. He was assimilated by the Borg and murdered tens of thousands of people, He was tortured by the Cardassians, he died on multiple occasions, and lived an entire lifetime over the span of 20 minutes.

It's quite possible, in his late 90s, Jean Luc Picard may be a very broken man.

DaiTengu

... There is an order of things in this universe. Apollo, stardate 3468.1.

---
    þ Synchronet þ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to DaiTengu on Wed Feb 27 00:46:59 2019
    By: DaiTengu to Nightfox on Tue Feb 26 2019 05:01 pm

This takes place after the movies, after the Dominion War and after the destruction of Romulus. It's possible Picard had to do some ... questionable things during those times.

Destruction of Romulus? That happened in the JJ Abrams alternate timeline and probably before Picard was born. If I'm not mistaken, I think this series takes place in the regular Star Trek timeline. The last TNG movie, Nemesis, took place near Romulus and from what I remember, Romulus had not been destroyed.

During TNG, Picard went through a lot. He was assimilated by the Borg and murdered tens of thousands of people, He was tortured by the Cardassians, he died on multiple occasions, and lived an entire lifetime over the span of 20 minutes.

It's quite possible, in his late 90s, Jean Luc Picard may be a very broken man.

True. Though, late in the TV series and in the movies, Picard seemed to be doing alright despite his experience with the Cardassians and the Borg (except perhaps in First Contact). But I suppose Picard may be more broken than had been shown on screen so far.

Nightfox

---
  • From Ennev@VERT/MTLGEEK to Brokenmind on Wed Feb 27 15:54:38 2019
    I don't remember were i heard this. but i seem to remember something about Patrick Stewart will be comming back in some type of star trek series in
    the future. anyone hear anythin simular?

Yup, he'll have his of show set like 15 years after Star Trek Nemesis, after the destruction of Romulus by that black hole and red matter stuff. So it
    won't be in the parallel universe of jj abrams but in the original universe
    but with the geo political aftershock of Romulan Empire basically out of the big players league and what it could trigger with Klingons, gorns, breen etc seeing this maybe as a opportunity to grow theirs influences.

---
    þ Synchronet þ MtlGeek - Geeks in Montreal - http://mtlgeek.com/ -
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to Nightfox on Wed Feb 27 21:43:02 2019
    By: Nightfox to DaiTengu on Tue Feb 26 2019 04:46 pm

This takes place after the movies, after the Dominion War and after
    the destruction of Romulus. It's possible Picard had to do some ...
    questionable things during those times.

Destruction of Romulus? That happened in the JJ Abrams alternate timeline and probably before Picard was born. If I'm not mistaken, I think this series takes place in the regular Star Trek timeline. The last TNG movie, Nemesis, took place near Romulus and from what I remember, Romulus had not been destroyed.

The destruction of Romulus happened in the main timeline. It is what Spock was trying to prevent, which caused him and Nero to go back in time and create the Kelvin timeline.

So the destruction of Romulus definitely happened, and is canon.

In other news, Star Trek Discovery has been renewed for a 3rd Season.

DaiTengu

... Peace was the way. Kirk, The City on the Edge of Forever, stardate unknown

---
    þ Synchronet þ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@VERT/REALITY to Ennev on Wed Feb 27 19:45:02 2019
    Re: Re: StarTrek
    By: Ennev to Brokenmind on Wed Feb 27 2019 07:54 am

So it won't be in the parallel universe of jj abrams but in the original universe but with the geo political aftershock of Romulan Empire basically out of the big players league and what it could trigger with Klingons, gorns, breen etc seeing this maybe as a opportunity to grow theirs influences.

There's a subreddit called daystrominstitute where they run with these "what if" scenarios. Imagine a reunified Vulcan and Romulan people, affiliated with the Federation. Someone did a drawing of an Enterprise not yet seen that included Romulan technology - imagine the drive section looking like a bird of prey, while keeping a saucer section.

---
    þ Synchronet þ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to DaiTengu on Wed Feb 27 20:53:14 2019
    By: DaiTengu to Nightfox on Wed Feb 27 2019 01:43 pm

Destruction of Romulus? That happened in the JJ Abrams alternate
    timeline and probably before Picard was born. If I'm not mistaken,
    I think this series takes place in the regular Star Trek timeline.
    The last TNG movie, Nemesis, took place near Romulus and from what
    I remember, Romulus had not been destroyed.

The destruction of Romulus happened in the main timeline. It is what Spock was trying to prevent, which caused him and Nero to go back in time and create the Kelvin timeline.

So the destruction of Romulus definitely happened, and is canon.

That's right, I thought about that a while after I posted that.. It's the destruction of the Vulcan home world that happened in the JJ alternate timeline.

Nightfox

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to poindexter FORTRAN on Wed Feb 27 20:58:59 2019
    By: poindexter FORTRAN to Ennev on Wed Feb 27 2019 11:45 am

There's a subreddit called daystrominstitute where they run with these "what if" scenarios. Imagine a reunified Vulcan and Romulan people, affiliated with the Federation. Someone did a drawing of an Enterprise not yet seen that included Romulan technology - imagine the drive section looking like a bird of prey, while keeping a saucer section.

There's some Romulan technology I'm not sure I'd want to use, such as their artificial singularity drive.. There was an episode of TNG where they encountered a section of space where time was going slowly, and then going backwards and forwards, and they found that it was caused by a Romulan singularity drive that had a problem.

Nightfox

---
  • From Brokenmind@VERT/TIABBS to Ennev on Thu Feb 28 21:32:01 2019

Yup, he'll have his of show set like 15 years after Star Trek Nemesis, after the destruction of Romulus by that black hole and red matter stuff. So it won't be in the parallel universe of jj abrams but in the original universe but with the geo political aftershock of Romulan Empire basically out of the big players league and what it could trigger with Klingons, gorns, breen etc seeing this maybe as a opportunity to grow theirs

that sounds so awsome! I can't wait! thanks for the info

BrokenMind

---
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Nightfox on Thu Feb 28 22:27:00 2019
    By: Nightfox to poindexter FORTRAN on Wed Feb 27 2019 12:58 pm

There's a subreddit called daystrominstitute where they run with these "what if" scenarios. Imagine a reunified Vulcan and Romulan people, affiliated with the Federation. Someone did a drawing of an Enterprise yet seen that included Romulan technology - imagine the drive section looking like a bird of prey, while keeping a saucer section.

There's some Romulan technology I'm not sure I'd want to use, such as their artificial singularity drive.. There was an episode of TNG where they encountered a section of space where time was going slowly, and then going backwards and forwards, and they found that it was caused by a Romulan singularity drive that had a problem.

Nightfox

The only problem they had with the singularity drive was when some aliens
    from another dimension decide to group like trout going upstream into their warp drive thinking it was a black hole. The aliens were responsible for altering time to prevent their species from committing suicide in a warp
    core.

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Brokenmind on Fri Mar 1 18:44:00 2019
    By: Brokenmind to Ennev on Thu Feb 28 2019 01:32 pm

Yup, he'll have his of show set like 15 years after Star Trek Nemesis, after the destruction of Romulus by that black hole and red matter stuf So it won't be in the parallel universe of jj abrams but in the origina universe but with the geo political aftershock of Romulan Empire basica out of the big players league and what it could trigger with Klingons, gorns, breen etc seeing this maybe as a opportunity to grow theirs

that sounds so awsome! I can't wait! thanks for the info

BrokenMind

I wonder who they can make into the next big bad villain? The Dominion,
    Borg, and Species 4795 were all pretty badass. Who could be hiding in unexplo red space beyond the Romulan controlled space? I saw a piece of Trek
    fan fiction dealing with an enemy with wormhole technology the Romulans reluct antly call on the Federation for help with. In order to help, the Federation needed to build starbases in Romulan space, increasing their presence

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Moondog on Fri Mar 1 20:41:34 2019
    By: Moondog to Brokenmind on Fri Mar 01 2019 10:44 am

I wonder who they can make into the next big bad villain? The Dominion, Borg, and Species 4795 were all pretty badass. Who could be hiding in

Who/what was Species 4795? Voyager had Species 8472, but I don't remember a Species 4795.

Nightfox

---
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@VERT/REALITY to Moondog on Sat Mar 2 00:08:01 2019

I wonder who they can make into the next big bad villain? The Dominion, Borg, and Species 4795 were all pretty badass.

Species 8472? That was one of the better eps of Voyager, when they get passed by a dozen plus Borg cubes, get ignored, then run into a dozen plus Borg debris fields...

I'd guess we'd see a baddie wipe out one of the other baddies - imagine something big and bad enough to annihilate the Borg or the Dominion...

---
  • From Brokenmind@VERT/TIABBS to Moondog on Sat Mar 2 03:41:03 2019
    By: Moondog to Nightfox on Thu Feb 28 2019 02:27 pm

By: Nightfox to poindexter FORTRAN on Wed Feb 27 2019 12:58 pm

There's a subreddit called daystrominstitute where they run with
    these "what if" scenarios. Imagine a reunified Vulcan and Romulan
    people, affiliated with the Federation. Someone did a drawing of
    an Enterprise yet seen that included Romulan technology - imagine
    the drive section looking like a bird of prey, while keeping a
    saucer section.
    There's some Romulan technology I'm not sure I'd want to use, such as
    their artificial singularity drive.. There was an episode of TNG
    where they encountered a section of space where time was going slowly,
    and then going backwards and forwards, and they found that it was
    caused by a Romulan singularity drive that had a problem.
    The only problem they had with the singularity drive was when some aliens from another dimension decide to group like trout going upstream into their warp drive thinking it was a black hole. The aliens were responsible for altering time to prevent their species from committing suicide in a warp core.
    warp core.
    I remember that episode dr crusher gets shot by the romulan and when they came back to normal time they saved her

---
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Nightfox on Sat Mar 2 21:16:00 2019
    By: Nightfox to Moondog on Fri Mar 01 2019 12:41 pm

I wonder who they can make into the next big bad villain? The Dominion, Borg, and Species 4795 were all pretty badass. Who could be hiding in

Who/what was Species 4795? Voyager had Species 8472, but I don't remember a Species 4795.

Nightfox

My mistake. I couldn't think of 8472 without looking it up. I wonder what happened to the parasitic species that tried to infiltrate Starfleet on STNG?
    I'm referring to the one with the bot fly breather hole.
    My understanding was the Borg were originally going to be an insct species, ho wever the costumes or puppetry they tried did not meet their standards. B5, Andromeda, and Farscape have tried insectoids with varying results.

---
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to poindexter FORTRAN on Sat Mar 2 21:26:00 2019
    By: poindexter FORTRAN to Moondog on Fri Mar 01 2019 04:08 pm

I wonder who they can make into the next big bad villain? The Dominion, Borg, and Species 4795 were all pretty badass.

Species 8472? That was one of the better eps of Voyager, when they get passe by a dozen plus Borg cubes, get ignored, then run into a dozen plus Borg deb fields...

I'd guess we'd see a baddie wipe out one of the other baddies - imagine something big and bad enough to annihilate the Borg or the Dominion...

The Borg became less a threat when it was learned they cannot function with their link down, or if a species has a characteristic that rejects assimilation. The Dominion was a balance between well engineered weapons and troops plus sheer quantity. If they were in siege without supply of drugs
    for the Jem hadar, they'd lose combat effectiveness. Any apex predator
    species would have to learn these lessons the hard way like the Federation
    did.

---
  • From Brokenmind@VERT/TIABBS to Moondog on Mon Mar 4 04:23:37 2019

I wonder who they can make into the next big bad villain? The Dominion, Borg, and Species 4795 were all pretty badass. Who could be hiding in unexplo red space beyond the Romulan controlled space? I saw a piece of Trek fan fiction dealing with an enemy with wormhole technology the Romulans reluct antly call on the Federation for help with. In order to help, the Federation needed to build starbases in Romulan space, increasing their presence

Thats a good question I was wondering the same thing...

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Brokenmind on Mon Mar 4 18:15:18 2019
    By: Brokenmind to Moondog on Fri Mar 01 2019 07:41 pm

I remember that episode dr crusher gets shot by the romulan and when they came back to normal time they saved her

Shot through the heart, and the Romulans are to blame. They gave love a bad name.

Nightfox

---
  • From Ennev@VERT/MTLGEEK to Nightfox on Mon Mar 4 22:57:21 2019
    That's right, I thought about that a while after I posted that.. It's the destruction of the Vulcan home world that happened in the JJ alternate timeline.

Was blown up in the alternate universe as revenge for Romulus being destroyed in the original universe

---
  • From Ennev@VERT/MTLGEEK to Nightfox on Mon Mar 4 23:02:08 2019
    Shot through the heart, and the Romulans are to blame. They gave love a
    bad name.

yah, still want to watch "keeping up with the Cardassians'

---
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@VERT/REALITY to Ennev on Mon Mar 4 23:00:34 2019
    By: Ennev to Nightfox on Mon Mar 04 2019 03:02 pm

There's a twitter account called RikerGoogling that lists what you'd imagine Riker's search history would look like. Lots of Risa, Holodeck, Volleyball, and "Starship won't start after updates". He's a big fan of Keeping up with the Cardassians, too.

---
  • From Ennev@VERT/MTLGEEK to poindexter FORTRAN on Tue Mar 5 18:23:55 2019

There's a twitter account called RikerGoogling that lists what you'd
    imagine Riker's search history would look like. Lots of Risa, Holodeck, Volleyball, and "Starship won't start after updates". He's a big fan of Keeping up with the Cardassians, too.

Oh! Sound cool, i’ll check that :-) thanks

---