• Re: Re: Content providers sc

From Rastus@VERT/EWBBS to Sarpek on Wed Oct 12 07:22:15 2011
    Sarpek wrote:

Quoting Art to Sarpek <=-

When I moved to this country in 2003, I decided not to get a TV. I've been TVless since then, and I have to say that I don't miss it one
    bit. Ar> My partner is the same, we've just gotten used to not having a
    TV in Ar> the house.
    Anything worth watching can be downloaded these days anyways, I
    suppose.
    Kind regards,

I spend my free time helping people down at the local community bicycle shop, talking to people face to face, listening to music and a few minutes reading messages off a BBS. I don't take time out to think about television, movies, etc.

... Drop your carrier ... we have you surrounded!
    ___ Blue Wave/386 v2.30

I do have a TV but I do not subsribe to any cable or network service. And I watch very little news over the broadcast bands other than occationally when
    a large disaster or happening catches my attention and I want to see the network (corporate-government) spin on things.. Now that I think about it..it's not been turned on for weeks, and only then becasue my grandson wanted to watch some "Thomas and Friends" episodes from a CD my Daughter brought with her.

It's amazing that people actually pay to be brainwashed! The damned thing tells you what, when and where to buy, what, when, and where to vacation, what, when and where to celebrate, what, when and where to "____"; I
    suppose that many people would be totally lost without television!

--
    Nicholas Loch (Fat Rastus) | http://www.ewbbs.net

---
    þ Synchronet þ Electronic Warfare BBS | telnet://ewbbs.synchro.net
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to Rastus on Fri Oct 14 01:18:17 2011
    Re: Re: Re: Content providers sc
    By: Rastus to Sarpek on Wed Oct 12 2011 02:22 am

Sarpek wrote:

Quoting Art to Sarpek <=-

When I moved to this country in 2003, I decided not to get a TV. I've been TVless since then, and I have to say that I don't miss it one
    bit. Ar> My partner is the same, we've just gotten used to not having a
    TV in Ar> the house.
    Anything worth watching can be downloaded these days anyways, I suppose.
    Kind regards,

I spend my free time helping people down at the local community bicycle shop, talking to people face to face, listening to music and a few minutes reading messages off a BBS. I don't take time out to think about television, movies, etc.

... Drop your carrier ... we have you surrounded!
    ___ Blue Wave/386 v2.30

I do have a TV but I do not subsribe to any cable or network service. And I watch very little news over the broadcast bands other than occationally when a large disaster or happening catches my attention and I want to see the network (corporate-government) spin on things.. Now that I think about it..it's not been turned on for weeks, and only then becasue my grandson wanted to watch some "Thomas and Friends" episodes from a CD my Daughter brought with her.

It's amazing that people actually pay to be brainwashed! The damned thing tells you what, when and where to buy, what, when, and where to vacation, what, when and where to celebrate, what, when and where to "____"; I suppose that many people would be totally lost without television!

--
    Nicholas Loch (Fat Rastus) | http://www.ewbbs.net

Brainwashing makes the economy go around.
    "Watching TV", that term is so passe. Its "content consumption" now. And what you ar paying for is premium content. You know, because it costs money to replay episodes of I Love Lucy.

---
    þ Synchronet þ MS & RD BBs - bbs.mozysswamp.org