• Cicada 3301: Dark Net Treasure Trail 2014

From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to All on Sun Sep 28 08:44:13 2014
    I figured I'd leave this here, since it's a puzzle that requires some in-depth coding skills to be able to handle. Not the first of its kind going on right now, but nobody found out to the last people who solved it. :)

Here's a little bit about the first puzzle. I started getting interested when I saw the twitter account https://twitter.com/1231507051321
    The story is put together here on the first one: http://uncovering-cicada.wikia.com/wiki/What_Happened_Part_1_(2013)

aaand the links to whatever is going on now are supposed to be here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/cicada-3301-the-dark-net-treasure-trail-2014.360451/

Have fun. :)

---
    þ Synchronet þ Tinfoil Tetrahedron BBS telnet or ssh -p 2222 to tinfoil.synchro.net
  • From Xeper@VERT/GRUDGEDU to Khelair on Tue Oct 7 05:27:35 2014
    Re: Cicada 3301: Dark Net Treasure Trail 2014
    By: Khelair to All on Sun Sep 28 2014 01:44 am

There are some bizarre occult things going on with this puzzle.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Futureland.Grudgemirror.Com ** LIVE ** Music and
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Xeper on Tue Oct 7 14:39:01 2014
    By: Xeper to Khelair on Mon Oct 06 2014 22:27:35

There are some bizarre occult things going on with this puzzle.

I haven't researched it very much, beyond the original links that I posted to the content of the previous incarnation. I'd be very much interested in hearing anything you might've heard, or having pointers to any particular resources that you might have come across.
    In my opinion, intelligence agencies are a potential source, but it doesn't seem to add up very well. Nor does one lone savant putting all of that stuff together for shits 'n giggles. How many people with an IQ of the level required to do that kind of mathematical leading (not to mention coding) are going to sit and do that _just to jerk someone around_? It doesn't jive with the notion of that amount of intelligence, at least not in any of the exceedingly intelligent people that I have personally known and met. Not to mention, it's just too much effort. This isn't some kid from 4chan, methinks.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Tinfoil Tetrahedron BBS telnet or ssh -p 2222 to tinfoil.synchro.net
  • From Xeper@VERT/GRUDGEDU to Khelair on Mon Oct 13 07:29:35 2014
    By: Khelair to Xeper on Tue Oct 07 2014 07:39 am

In my opinion, intelligence agencies are a potential source, but it doesn' seem to add up very well.

I was reading about it, and the different theories too. It seems like it may be a kind of sociology experiment. But... There are quite a few unusual statements that have been embedded in the "clues" referring to "Gods" and Aliens; rather off the wall stuff.

The references within these "clues", particularly the litereary references, are definitely occultic on some level: The Book of the Law/Aleister Crowley, Emerson, William Blake, and a very important reference, Robert Anton Wilson. I was reminded a lot of the Pink Floyd Publius Enigma and the more recent Beatles/Iamaphoney "Paul Is Dead" puzzles, although this is far more complex. At least technically.

uncovering-cicada.wikia.com/wiki/cicada_3301_2014_puzzle

"Hello

Epiphany is upon you. Your pilgrimage has begun. Enlightenment awaits.

Cicada 3301"

I think the Discordians are behind this ; ) Hail Eris!

---
    þ Synchronet þ Futureland.Grudgemirror.Com ** LIVE ** Music and