• Re: Those first dev jobs blue

From HusTler@VERT/NECRONOM to Zet on Wed Jun 28 18:47:00 2017
    cannot help but feel a little inferior. The guy in charge of training me intimidates the hell out of me too. He's been working on the system
    since the beginning, and when I ask questions, he always answers it with this "how don't you know that" tone in his voice which really makes me feel stupid.

Do you ever think that maybe you intimidate him? Maybe you're a threat to his job security. Just act like you know what you're doing and ask someone else when you have a problem.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A34 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Necronomicon BBS - necrobbs.strangled.net
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to HusTler on Thu Jun 29 03:31:05 2017
    Re: Re: Those first dev jobs
    By: HusTler to Zet on Wed Jun 28 2017 11:47 am

Subject: Re: Those first dev jobs blue

cannot help but feel a little inferior. The guy in charge of training me intimidates the hell out of me too. He's been working on the system since the beginning, and when I ask questions, he always answers it with this "how don't you know that" tone in his voice which really makes me feel stupid.

Do you ever think that maybe you intimidate him? Maybe you're a threat to his job security. Just act like you know what you're doing and ask someone else when you have a problem.

i would just get another job.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Deavmi@VERT/KK4QBN to HusTler on Tue Aug 8 03:54:12 2017
    On 2017-06-28 01:47 PM, HusTler wrote:
    Subject: Re: Those first dev jobs blue

Ze> cannot help but feel a little inferior. The guy in charge of training me
    Ze> intimidates the hell out of me too. He's been working on the system
    Ze> since the beginning, and when I ask questions, he always answers it with
    Ze> this "how don't you know that" tone in his voice which really makes me
    Ze> feel stupid.
    Ze>

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A34 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Necronomicon BBS - necrobbs.strangled.net

Just don't feel intimidated. Just listen to what he says and show no expression on your face when he starts his shit.

Don't give in to his bullshit.

---
    * Synchronet * KK4QBN - kk4qbn.synchro.net - 7064229538 - Chatsworth GA USA
  • From Zet@VERT/ECBBS to HusTler on Sun Dec 10 22:19:39 2017
    By: HusTler to Zet on Wed Jun 28 2017 11:47:00

his job security. Just act like you know what you're doing and ask someone else when you have a problem.

This is was my solution in the end. It has been about 6 months now, and things have improved significantly. The thing that made it better the most, was the fact that we reorganised our team, and I now work with other people way more than I work with the original guy. I obviously still have a lot to learn, and I do still have to consult him with some stuff because he does simply know the system the best, but I can deal with his attitude way better in small quantities :-)

---
    þ Synchronet þ electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
  • From HusTler@VERT/DIGDIST to Zet on Tue Feb 6 10:13:06 2018
    By: Zet to HusTler on Sun Dec 10 2017 02:19 pm

This is was my solution in the end. It has been about 6 months now, and things have improved significantly. The thing that made it better the

Glad the job is working out for you.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com