• wwe update on lawler

From cogniben77@VERT/TRN to All on Fri Oct 12 23:51:20 2012

well i am happy to report or post for all you wrestling fans, of WWE and TNA entertainment. that the king jerry lawler is doing much better after weeks of recovery from a heart attack. i really don't know the details, to
    how he had the attack or why he had it. he appeared weeks ago on raw on the jumbo tron tv via satellite from his home. there he reported his progress.
    and to say thank you to the fans and those that helped him avoid a much
    greater fate which is death. he looked good, like nothing ever happened. it is just that his voice was very raspy or irritated by the tubes he had down
    his throat from the breathing apparatus. though i am not a big lawler fan, though i think he is great with on tv commentary of the matches. that i wish him well and to get back to 100 percent health and back behind the mic.

chris ogniben

---
    þ Synchronet þ Roughneck BBS - telnet://roughneckbbs.com - http://roughneckbbs.com
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to cogniben77 on Sat Oct 13 16:27:49 2012
    Re: wwe update on lawler
    By: cogniben77 to All on Fri Oct 12 2012 04:51 pm

well i am happy to report or post for all you wrestling fans, of WWE and TNA entertainment. that the king jerry lawler is doing much better after weeks of recovery from a heart attack. i really don't know the

people still watch wrestling?

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From First Officer@VERT/HOLODECK to Mro on Tue Oct 16 03:53:27 2012
    By: Mro to cogniben77 on Sat Oct 13 2012 09:27 am

I used to watch it a lot in the 80's and part of the 90's. Can't bring myself to do it now, unless it is flipping through the channels and You see Flair being a nutjob as he is so good at. I don't even think he is around. Had some good times in the past. House tv tapings were about 14.00 bucks a ticket. I dunno what it costs now, but I think they would have to pay me, to watch.

Have a good One!
    Mike

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Holodeck BBS telnet://holo.homeip.net
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to First Officer on Tue Oct 16 01:53:29 2012
    By: First Officer to Mro on Mon Oct 15 2012 08:53 pm

By: Mro to cogniben77 on Sat Oct 13 2012 09:27 am

I used to watch it a lot in the 80's and part of the 90's. Can't bring mysel to do it now, unless it is flipping through the channels and You see Flair being a nutjob as he is so good at. I don't even think he is around. Had som good times in the past. House tv tapings were about 14.00 bucks a ticket. I dunno what it costs now, but I think they would have to pay me, to watch.

Have a good One!
    Mike

I have a wrestling watch. has the screaming shiek on it.

"Practise safe Lunch, Use a Condiment"

---
    þ Synchronet þ Three Stooges Gentlemens Club - Las Vegas, Nv - tsgc.dyndns.org
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to First Officer on Tue Oct 16 06:09:52 2012

I used to watch it a lot in the 80's and part of the 90's. Can't bring myself to do it now, unless it is flipping through the channels and You see Flair being a nutjob as he is so good at. I don't even think he is around. Had some good times in the past. House tv tapings were about 14.00 bucks a ticket. I dunno what it costs now, but I think they would have to pay me,
    to watch.

go check into how many wrestlers from the 80s and 90s died. it's insane.
    almost every wrestler we grew up with is dead from suicide, drugs, or heartattack from steroid abuse.

it's nuts.

also check into rick flair. he has made a living off of ripping people off. the truth is stranger than fiction with the wrestling biz.

regarding today's wrestling it's tacky and smutty. it should be off the air. things were better when there was competition.

---
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Mro on Tue Oct 16 06:17:50 2012
    By: Mro to First Officer on Mon Oct 15 2012 11:09 pm

I used to watch it a lot in the 80's and part of the 90's. Can't bring myself to do it now, unless it is flipping through the channels and You s Flair being a nutjob as he is so good at. I don't even think he is around Had some good times in the past. House tv tapings were about 14.00 bucks ticket. I dunno what it costs now, but I think they would have to pay me, to watch.

go check into how many wrestlers from the 80s and 90s died. it's insane. almost every wrestler we grew up with is dead from suicide, drugs, or heartattack from steroid abuse.

it's nuts.

also check into rick flair. he has made a living off of ripping people off. the truth is stranger than fiction with the wrestling biz.

regarding today's wrestling it's tacky and smutty. it should be off the air. things were better when there was competition.

except terry hogan.
    but he is just old and bald now.

---
  • From Chris Trainor@VERT/FLEETHQ to First Officer on Tue Oct 16 18:12:36 2012
    By: First Officer to Mro on Mon Oct 15 2012 20:53:27

I used to watch it a lot in the 80's and part of the 90's. Can't bring mysel to do it now, unless it is flipping through the channels and You see Flair being a nutjob as he is so good at. I don't even think he is around. Had som good times in the past. House tv tapings were about 14.00 bucks a ticket. I dunno what it costs now, but I think they would have to pay me, to watch.

Lots of folks still watch it. It still appeals to the same
    demographic.... just all of us have outgrown it. But a new crop of
    kids have grown into it.

I have some friends who still get very involved in 'wwf' style
    wrestling. But they're all "performers" now. Not actually making much
    money, but it appears to pay for itself at least. They do live events
    once a month I think and webcasts once a week. One guy has a whole TV
    studio in his basement, green-screen, multiple HD cameras and all to
    shoot the webcasts. :)

--Chris

------------------------------------------
    | Chris Trainor - FleetHQ BBS
    | telnet://bbs.fleethq.org
    | http://www.facebook.com/FleetHQ
    | +1-401-949-0465 (V.34/HST/CrankyAtTimes) ------------------------------------------

---
    þ Synchronet þ FleetHQ BBS - Greenville, RI
  • From First Officer@VERT/HOLODECK to Mro on Tue Oct 16 19:20:36 2012
    By: Mro to First Officer on Mon Oct 15 2012 11:09 pm

go check into how many wrestlers from the 80s and 90s died. it's insane. almost every wrestler we grew up with is dead from suicide, drugs, or heartattack from steroid abuse.

I have.. Such a shame.. It is the nature of the business. You Don't go out and get as big as some of them were and even those smaller, without the steroids ( which I think was/is a major factor ) Also the fact You have to go out and perform multiple times a week in PAIN, so You chew pain pills like candy. Then there is the thing about how we idolize them, but a lot of them were nothing special as people when not in their personna and on camera. I always wondered what kids would think if the image of hogan collapsed. Good thing it did afte most of the kids of his heyday grew up. Even this last one just the last day or two with the sex video. Hehheh, he must have forgot about the 10 demandments. Maybe running around while confessing to be a born again, was not working for him. Also for those guys, life on the road much of the time must suck. So In general, many things point to fact there are going to be a few dead guys laying around. Too many, too Young.

Reminds me of the Southern Rockers of the 70's Most of the guys in those bands are gone. Life on the road and making enough money, not to be extremely rich, though a popular genre back then, they were not mainstream. More time on the road and time on their hands and decent money, to get into abuse of all kinds of things. Sadly so many of them are gone now.

also check into rick flair. he has made a living off of ripping people
    off. the truth is stranger than fiction with the wrestling biz.

I have heard he is a bit of a weasle, but he was of the kind that wrestling needs now. Someone great in front of the mic, and could perform in the ring. Something that seemed to go lacking in later years. I dunno about today, the last I was really interested was just before WCW folded and You had the two big companies going against each other on Monday and Thurs. Once they were bought by wwe or wwf or whatever it is nowadays. I did not watch, but to try and force myself once in a while, just can't get into it.

regarding today's wrestling it's tacky and smutty. it should be off the
    air. things were better when there was competition.

I hear Ya!

Have a good One!
    Mike

---
  • From First Officer@VERT/HOLODECK to Chris Trainor on Tue Oct 16 19:28:46 2012
    By: Chris Trainor to First Officer on Tue Oct 16 2012 11:12 am

Lots of folks still watch it. It still appeals to the same
    demographic.... just all of us have outgrown it. But a new crop of
    kids have grown into it.

It must be. I just don't like McMahons brand at all. I started disliking it mostly during the Steve Austin era. Things changed drastically after that. I was not all that fond of making the Harts a bunch of jerks. Not to mention Owens death. I like Austin, I understand he is a nice guy, but the format of wrestling changed after him. And the fact that vinnie mac, took so many good wrestlers from WCW and made them chumps, as punishment for not being with wwf to begin with. Ruined most of them, that could have been big in his organization. Most not wanting to be, I guess. So many it would be a waste to try to remember. Goldberg being one! I realize age creeps up and new guys need to take over. But like Mro said.. The format seems to be lacking quality these days.

I have some friends who still get very involved in 'wwf' style
    wrestling. But they're all "performers" now. Not actually making much money, but it appears to pay for itself at least. They do live events
    once a month I think and webcasts once a week. One guy has a whole TV studio in his basement, green-screen, multiple HD cameras and all to
    shoot the webcasts. :)

I could see young guys trying to get into it. But I think it is tougher than making the major leagues. Good luck to them.

Have a good One!
    Mike

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Corey on Wed Oct 17 06:57:24 2012
    By: Corey to Mro on Mon Oct 15 2012 11:17 pm

except terry hogan.

he's tacky and smutty too. didnt you hear about his sex video where he has sex with his best friend's wife.

he was the worst wrestler ever. his own trainer busted his leg day one, he was so talentless and cocky.

---
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Mro on Wed Oct 17 06:53:18 2012
    By: Mro to Corey on Tue Oct 16 2012 11:57 pm

regarding today's wrestling it's tacky and smutty. it should be off th air. things were better when there was competition.

except terry hogan.

he's tacky and smutty too. didnt you hear about his sex video where he has s with his best friend's wife.

he was the worst wrestler ever. his own trainer busted his leg day one, he so talentless and cocky.

and now he does mall openings and renta center.

---
  • From The Curmudgeon@VERT/TCP to Mro on Tue Nov 6 12:05:19 2012
    For reasons unknown to us Mro said thus to cogniben77:

Yes, it still has a huge following. :)

ghintz@itctel.com
    , .________________________________________________.
    ,___|._/_. | Trucking through life with a smile on my face! |
    ,___/__] || | | -=[ The Curmudgeon ]=- |
    |.__!____!!___! !________________________________________________!
    "~(_)[___][___]==(_)(_)=| \_______________________]=(_)(_)(_)~'

* PowerSIG/Win32 v2.00/alpha 1

... Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.
    --- timEd 1.10.y2k+
    * Origin: The Curmudgeon's Place telnet://curmudge.hopto.org !! (33:1/2)
    þ Synchronet þ curmudge.hopto.org
  • From cogniben77@VERT/TRN to Corey on Fri Nov 9 21:58:32 2012
    By: Mro to Corey on Tue Oct 16 2012 11:57 pm

regarding today's wrestling it's tacky and smutty. it should be
    off th air. things were better when there was competition.

except terry hogan.

he's tacky and smutty too. didnt you hear about his sex video where he has s with his best friend's wife.

he was the worst wrestler ever. his own trainer busted his leg day one, he so talentless and cocky.

and now he does mall openings and renta center.

---

actually he is the general manager of total nonstop wrestling on
    spike tv on thursday nights i think. so hogan is still running strong, hulkamania lives on forever!!!!!!!!

chris

---
    þ Synchronet þ Roughneck BBS - telnet://roughneckbbs.com - http://roughneckbbs.com
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to cogniben77 on Sat Nov 10 01:56:31 2012
    Re: Re: wwe update on lawler
    By: cogniben77 to Corey on Fri Nov 09 2012 01:58 pm

actually he is the general manager of total nonstop wrestling on spike tv on thursday nights i think. so hogan is still running strong, hulkamania lives on forever!!!!!!!!

until he has a heart attack from the steriods and drugs like all the other wrestlers.

---
  • From cogniben77@VERT/TRN to Mro on Sat Feb 2 22:26:06 2013
    Re: Re: wwe update on lawler
    By: cogniben77 to Corey on Fri Nov 09 2012 01:58 pm

actually he is the general manager of total nonstop wrestling
    on spike tv on thursday nights i think. so hogan is still running strong, hulkamania lives on forever!!!!!!!!

until he has a heart attack from the steriods and drugs like all the other wrestlers.

---

on the contrary, i think hogan is taking care of his life quite well. he hardly wrestles. he is mainly the gerneral manager of tna impact
    and like vince mcmahon with the wee raw etc. that i am sure he will still be strong and healthy for a long time. plus he has his daughter brook hogan by his side running the diva part of the show. i have no recolection or
    knowledge that he is "hogan" is still using steroids or any other drugs. i think he saw the light. that when other wrestlers died due to complications due to drug and steriod use that saw the light and got on the right path at
    the right time. go hogan family!!!!

chris

---
  • From cogniben77@VERT/TRN to Mro on Sat Feb 2 22:31:15 2013
    By: cogniben77 to All on Fri Oct 12 2012 04:51 pm

well i am happy to report or post for all you wrestling fans, of WWE and TNA entertainment. that the king jerry lawler is doing much better after weeks of recovery from a heart attack. i really don't know the

---

yes, there is still a large following of people that make the billions for wwe vince mcmahon and his family. and millions for those that
    run the tna or total nonstop action wrestling franchise. i think it is like
    a soap opera or addiction to see what will happen next. think of it as entertainment more than fake wrestling. i still watch it and i am 39. and i still see people watching it that are older than me, and they have their kids with them.

chris

wrestling will never go away as long people support it and they got a huge support factor.

---