• synchro.net disruption coming

From Digital Man@VERT to All on Tue Jan 14 22:34:56 2014
    I'm transferring my Internet services from AT&T (DSL) to Charter Business (cable). I'm not sure of the date, but hopefully in the next week or less.

Obviously, I hub DOVE-Net for most sysops, but I also host the synchro.net primary DNS server, the Synchronet source code repository (CVS), irc.synchro.net, and provide SMTP mail relay and exchange services for several Synchronet sysops.

So if you are a Synchronet sysop or use a Synchronet BBS (especially with a *.synchro.net hostname), you'll likely experience some disruption in service in
    the next few days or weeks.

I expect it'll take a week or less for the new IP addresses to be configured on
    the various mirrors, secondary DNS server, etc., but when it's all said and done, we will all benefit from a major improvement in bandwidth here at Vertrauen (Synchronet and DOVE-Net HQ): an 8X improvement in my upstream (from 512Kbps to 4Mbps) and a 10X improvement in my downstream (from 6Mbps to 60Mbps).

I'll post more details as I have them,

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #77:
    Synchronet Match Maker had at one time over 4000 profiles of men and women. Norco, CA WX: 77.1øF, 6.0% humidity, 26 mph SSE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Digital Man@VERT to All on Thu Jan 23 05:28:35 2014
    Re: synchro.net disruption coming
    By: Digital Man to All on Tue Jan 14 2014 02:34 pm

I'm transferring my Internet services from AT&T (DSL) to Charter Business (cable). I'm not sure of the date, but hopefully in the next week or less.

The transfer of services is complete and everything appears to be up and working as expected (and fast). Please let me know if see any issues,

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #6:
    The name "Synchronet" was suggested by Steve Deppe (Ille Homine Albe) in 1991. Norco, CA WX: 57.1øF, 63.0% humidity, 0 mph SE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net