strcat fp fn
    chkfile fp
    if_false
    print "Upgraded.msg file is missing.\r\n"
    goto end
    end_if
    printfile fp P_OPENCLOSE
    goto end

I left out the last part of the program to help cut down the size of this message.

I really need your help with program. After I have finished writting it this program will be released as freeware.

Thank you
    Terminator

---
    þ Synchronet þ Synchronet -> Chatfree BBS bbs.chatfree.org
  • From Amcleod@VERT to Terminator on Fri Sep 14 10:53:33 2001
    RE: Help Part 2 of the msg
    BY: Terminator to All on Tue Aug 28 2001 02:43 pm

I really need your help with program.

My original example did not contain any error detection/correction code. You were supposed to include it. Particularly, since it isn't working for you. What you need to do is, after every SOCKET_WRITE you need to put in a SOCKET_READLINE/PRINT pair, and visually inspect the results for an error message. Once you've identified the error, and solved it, you can remove them again.

In actual fact, you should follow each SOCKET_WRITE with a SOCKET_READLINE and then have the program test for a success before moving on. If it fails, print an error message and halt.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Kernel2@VERT/CHATFREE to Amcleod on Fri Sep 14 23:22:00 2001
    RE: Help Part 2 of the msg
    BY: Amcleod to Terminator on Fri Sep 14 2001 10:53:00

My original example did not contain any error detection/correction code. Yo were supposed to include it. Particularly, since it isn't working for you. What you need to do is, after every SOCKET_WRITE you need to put in a SOCKET_READLINE/PRINT pair, and visually inspect the results for an error message. Once you've identified the error, and solved it, you can remove th again.

In actual fact, you should follow each SOCKET_WRITE with a SOCKET_READLINE a then have the program test for a success before moving on. If it fails, pri

I tried that and the response I get back from the server is just all control charectors. So I can make heads or tails on what the error if they do exist.

Kernal2

---
    þ Synchronet þ Synchronet -> Chatfree BBS bbs.chatfree.org