• FTP

From Ilmarinen@VERT/SPACEBBS to All on Sat Feb 21 00:32:00 2004
    Hi all, just a quick question.....

I was wondering what the command is to check for the existance of a file via FTP. I searched ftp.src and qnet-ftp.src and couldn't find anything. I found a few Baja FTP commands such as ftp_delete, ftp_get, and others. Even
    better yet, is there a listing somewhere of all the available Baja FTP commands? Thanks in advance :)

---
    þ Synchronet þ SPACE BBS - spacebbs.no-ip.com
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Ilmarinen on Fri Feb 20 23:58:29 2004
    Re: FTP
    By: Ilmarinen to All on Fri Feb 20 2004 04:32 pm

Hi all, just a quick question.....

I was wondering what the command is to check for the existance of a file via FTP. I searched ftp.src and qnet-ftp.src and couldn't find anything. I found few Baja FTP commands such as ftp_delete, ftp_get, and others. Even
    better yet, is there a listing somewhere of all the available Baja FTP commands? Thanks in advance :)

There is a list of the Baja FTP functions in docs/v300_new.txt. The command you would use is either FTP_DIR (to get a directory listing). But to check for a file's existence programatically, it would probably better to query the file's size instead (using the FTP "SIZE" command). Unfortunately, I didn't make a Baja function to this, so you'd have to send the command to the socket manually and parse the response (not too difficult).

digital man

Snapple "Real Fact" #91:
    There are more telephones then people in Washington D.C.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Angus Mcleod@VERT/ANJO to Ilmarinen on Sat Feb 21 03:59:00 2004
    Re: FTP
    By: Ilmarinen to All on Fri Feb 20 2004 16:32:00

/sbbs/exec$ strings baja | grep -i FTP
    FTP_LOGIN
    FTP_LOGOUT
    FTP_PWD
    FTP_CWD
    FTP_DIR
    FTP_GET
    FTP_PUT
    FTP_DELETE
    FTP_RENAME
    /sbbs/exec$

<shrug>