• Uploading files

From Beta@VERT/TALAMASC to All on Thu Dec 2 19:59:00 1999
    Okay.... <G> Here's one for ya, I'm trying to upload files to another BBS (Talamasca) with a mod, I tried using file_put but it want's the system password... I want this to be mantained by anyone who has access to maintain it, not just ppl who have SYSoP ACCESS.... Oops caps key. :) anyways, is there anyway to do this??
    Beta

---
    þ Synchronet þ telnet://talamasca-bbs.com http://www.talamasca-bbs.com
  • From Pistolgrip@VERT/TALAMASC to Beta on Fri Dec 3 01:41:00 1999
    RE: Uploading files
    BY: Beta to All on Thu Dec 02 1999 08:59 pm

Okay.... <G> Here's one for ya, I'm trying to upload files to another B (Talamasca) with a mod, I tried using file_put but it want's the system password... I want this to be mantained by anyone who has access to maintain it, not just ppl who have SYSoP ACCESS.... Oops caps key. :) anyways, is th anyway to do this??
    Beta

Have you tried running it on an account that doesn't have sysop access? I know it's a stupid question.. but I am not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish.

dave

---
  • From Beta@VERT/TALAMASC to Pistolgrip on Fri Dec 3 05:47:00 1999
    BY: Pistolgrip to Beta on Fri Dec 03 1999 01:41 am

Okay.... <G> Here's one for ya, I'm trying to upload files to anothe (Talamasca) with a mod, I tried using file_put but it want's the system password... I want this to be mantained by anyone who has access to maint it, not just ppl who have SYSoP ACCESS.... Oops caps key. :) anyways, is anyway to do this??
    Beta

Have you tried running it on an account that doesn't have sysop access? I k it's a stupid question.. but I am not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish.

That's what I just said. It works fine here because I have the #1 account, but on Talamasca not having 99 and not having the System password it won't work. I designed it so that ppl who had Flag K would be able to upload and maintain the database, but alas it also seems that they must be a SysOp... :(
    Beta

---
  • From PistolGrip@VERT/WASTELND to Beta on Fri Dec 3 09:44:00 1999
    BY: Beta to Pistolgrip on Fri Dec 03 1999 05:47 am

Have you tried running it on an account that doesn't have sysop access? it's a stupid question.. but I am not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish.

That's what I just said. It works fine here because I have the #1 account, on Talamasca not having 99 and not having the System password it won't work. designed it so that ppl who had Flag K would be able to upload and maintain database, but alas it also seems that they must be a SysOp... :(

Ok it's more clear what you are trying to do. But, what database are you trying to modify? The BBS File Directories as Configured in SCFG? If so this works, but be warned that a file removed by a User with ;USERREMOVEFILE is deleted from the Hard Disk Instantly. Unlike if a SysOp does a "R" Command from the File Menu. It will not ask you if you want to delete it from the disk also.

NOTE :
    For this to work a user must have "FLAG K" *and* "Exemption R" (Remove Files)

Now, if you are talking about something other than the File Directories please ignore this :-)

I just inserted this into the top of the STR_CMDS.SRC File in SBBS\EXEC. ------------------------------------------------------------------------

# STR_CMDS.SRC

# Global String Command Module for Synchronet

# This is NOT a command shell, DO NOT add to SCFG->Command Shells

# This module is loaded from command shells with the EXEC_BIN function

# It contains mostly sysop commands (i.e. ;DOS)

# The command string must be the current string (obtained with SETSTR, GETSTR
    # or similar function) before this module is loaded.

!include nodedefs.inc

# Remove any trailing spaces

truncsp str

logstr

# End Original Code
    # -------------------------------------
    # Begin Inserted Code

compare_str "USERUPLOAD"
    if_true
    compare_ars FLAG K
    if_true
    file_upload_bulk
    return
    end_if
    end_if

compare_str "USERREMOVEFILE"
    if_true
    compare_ars FLAG K
    if_true
    print "\r\nchRemove/Edit File(s)\r\n"
    getfilespec
    if_true
    file_remove
    end_if
    return
    end_if
    end_if

# End Inserted Code
    # --------------------------------------
    # Resume Original Code

compare_ars SYSOP
    if_true
    ######################## SYSOP Functions ############################## etc ....

Dave

---
    þ Synchronet þ WasteLand þ telnet://wasteland.darktech.org
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Beta on Fri Dec 3 13:10:22 1999
    BY: Beta to All on Thu Dec 02 1999 07:59 pm

Okay.... <G> Here's one for ya, I'm trying to upload files to another B (Talamasca) with a mod, I tried using file_put but it want's the system password... I want this to be mantained by anyone who has access to maintain it, not just ppl who have SYSoP ACCESS.... Oops caps key. :) anyways, is th anyway to do this??

Use FILE_UPLOAD instead?

Rob

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From PistolGrip@VERT/WASTELND to Digital Man on Fri Dec 3 17:43:00 1999
    BY: Digital Man to Beta on Fri Dec 03 1999 01:10 pm

Okay.... <G> Here's one for ya, I'm trying to upload files to anothe (Talamasca) with a mod, I tried using file_put but it want's the system password... I want this to be mantained by anyone who has access to maint it, not just ppl who have SYSoP ACCESS.... Oops caps key. :) anyways, is anyway to do this??

Use FILE_UPLOAD instead?

Rob

I thought this also, but are you trying to U/L a file alreayd on disk but not in the database? If so, the SRC I posted earlier works.

Dave

---
    þ Synchronet þ WasteLand þ telnet://wasteland.darktech.org
  • From Beta@VERT/TALAMASC to PistolGrip on Fri Dec 3 20:51:00 1999
    BY: PistolGrip to Beta on Fri Dec 03 1999 09:44 am

Ok it's more clear what you are trying to do. But, what database are you trying to modify? The BBS File Directories as Configured in SCFG? If so th works, but be warned that a file removed by a User with ;USERREMOVEFILE is deleted from the Hard Disk Instantly. Unlike if a SysOp does a "R" Command f the File Menu. It will not ask you if you want to delete it from the disk also.

I don't want to put this in the BBS file stores configed in SCFG. I want to upload this to %jkeps\\latest.kep.
    Beta

---
  • From Beta@VERT/TALAMASC to Digital Man on Fri Dec 3 20:52:00 1999
    BY: Digital Man to Beta on Fri Dec 03 1999 01:10 pm

Use FILE_UPLOAD instead?

Dosn't that have to upload to a file store configed in SCFG tho?
    Beta

---
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Beta on Fri Dec 3 22:23:02 1999
    BY: Beta to Digital Man on Fri Dec 03 1999 08:52 pm

Okay.... <G> Here's one for ya, I'm trying to upload files to ano (Talamasca) with a mod, I tried using file_put but it want's the syste password... I want this to be mantained by anyone who has access to ma it, not just ppl who have SYSoP ACCESS.... Oops caps key. :) anyways, anyway to do this??

Use FILE_UPLOAD instead?

Dosn't that have to upload to a file store configed in SCFG tho?

Yes. But you could create an area in SCFG that pointed to your special directory. Or, you could just "EXEC %!fdsz rz".

Rob

---
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Beta on Tue Oct 10 00:13:34 2000

I realize this is an old question, but did you try using the RECEIVE_FILE_VIA Baja function?

Rob

---
  • From Beta@VERT/ROVER to Digital Man on Tue Oct 10 15:09:00 2000
    BY: Digital Man to Beta on Tue Oct 10 2000 12:13 am

I realize this is an old question, but did you try using the RECEIVE_FILE_VI Baja function?

No I didn't.. I'll look into that and mebbe dust off the code and write another version :)
    Beta

---
    þ Synchronet þ Rover Central, Kenora Ontario, Canada