• Telnet Door

From Merlin@VERT/CARSO to Digital Man on Thu Mar 2 21:02:00 2000
    I am using the telnet door thing to telnet to other BBs. Should this work with dialup lines/local logins?

Mine does errors when I run it in local/dialup mode...It's a bit pointless for only telnet users to use...seeing as they already have a telnet client and can do it without going through another system!

richard

---
    þ Synchronet þ CarSo Information Server (telnet://bbs.carso.co.uk)
  • From PistolGrip@VERT/WASTELND to Merlin on Thu Mar 2 17:18:00 2000
    RE: Telnet Door
    BY: Merlin to Digital Man on Thu Mar 02 2000 09:02 pm

I am using the telnet door thing to telnet to other BBs. Should this work w dialup lines/local logins?

Mine does errors when I run it in local/dialup mode...It's a bit pointless f only telnet users to use...seeing as they already have a telnet client and c do it without going through another system!

Ummm... I do believe they will only work on v3.0 nodes. If you're wanting to offer Outbound Telnet to dial-up users you're going to need to use an
    external door and a DOS Packet driver for that, not to mention a dedicated Internet Connection and a Dial-Up Line as well.

Dave

---
    þ Synchronet þ WasteLand BBS þ telnet://wasteland.darktech.org
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Merlin on Thu Mar 2 16:07:39 2000
    BY: Merlin to Digital Man on Thu Mar 02 2000 09:02 pm

I am using the telnet door thing to telnet to other BBs. Should this work w dialup lines/local logins?

The telnet module only works with v3.

Mine does errors when I run it in local/dialup mode...It's a bit pointless f only telnet users to use...seeing as they already have a telnet client and c do it without going through another system!

True, I mainly made it for MUDs, where standard telnet clients are often a pain to use. It's easier to go through the BBS.

Rob

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Spaceman Spiff@VERT to All on Mon Mar 13 20:13:49 2000
    BY: Digital Man to Merlin on Thu Mar 02 2000 04:07 pm

Would be fun to see how many BBSes you could telnet through at once.
    OK I am bored. :]

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Reaper Man@VERT/TIME to Spaceman Spiff on Sat Jul 8 10:31:00 2000
    BY: Spaceman Spiff to All on Mon Mar 13 2000 08:13 pm

Would be fun to see how many BBSes you could telnet through at once.
    OK I am bored. :]

this is one reason that I personally would not allow a mod like that to be run on a telnetable node...

---
    þ Synchronet þ Time Warp of the Future Time.Darktech.Org 9am pt - 12am pt