• quirk?

From altere@VERT/DARKDIM to Digital Man on Sun Dec 31 02:29:00 2000
    Perhaps it's just me or just this machine here but could there be some sort of check between int and str's? What I mean is for instance:

int int1 int2
    str str1 str2

set int1 123
    set int2 54
    setstr str1 "blah"
    setstr str2 "wow"

printf "%s\r\n" int1
    printf "%ld\r\n" str2

Alright, you get the point. And I intentionally put it that way in this example. I accidentally put a printf "%s\r\n" val (val being an integer), compiled it, ran it and when it came to the printf statement it crashed SCP (all of synchronet, I had to restart the bbs).

Also, I'm reading xtrn.dat in another mod. While logged in, if I adjust my userlevel or credits and then go back into the mod it doesn't see the changes, does Synchronet only set the values at login? I've since started using _useron.cdt but before when I was reading xtrn.dat and set a variable it would not see the changes made from the user editor unless I logged off and back on and the xtrn.dat was being created everytime. I may have just jumbled this whole paragraph, let me know if I did.. hehe.

I also noticed this for SBJ, if I logged in with 5,000K, start SBJ (not play but just hit 'J' to see how many credits it sees) then exit; adjust my credits in the user editor (the gui app or using uedit) then go back in and press J,
    it still only sees 5,000K. What if a user is on and I wanted to give them more credits for file xfers or sbj, poker, etc... (that use xtrn.dat, don't know about the other drop files) they have to logoff and the back on before xtrn.dat will update?

altere

---
    þ Synchronet þ Dark Dimension ááS ú telnet://dark.dimension-bbs.com ú Hit Me!
  • From Digital Man@VERT to altere on Sun Dec 31 22:12:01 2000
    RE: quirk?
    BY: altere to Digital Man on Sun Dec 31 2000 02:29 am

Perhaps it's just me or just this machine here but could there be some sort check between int and str's? What I mean is for instance:

int int1 int2
    str str1 str2

set int1 123
    set int2 54
    setstr str1 "blah"
    setstr str2 "wow"

printf "%s\r\n" int1
    printf "%ld\r\n" str2

Alright, you get the point. And I intentionally put it that way in this example. I accidentally put a printf "%s\r\n" val (val being an integer), compiled it, ran it and when it came to the printf statement it crashed SCP (all of synchronet, I had to restart the bbs).

Yes, I would expect it to crash. That is the danger of using printf.

Also, I'm reading xtrn.dat in another mod. While logged in, if I adjust my userlevel or credits and then go back into the mod it doesn't see the change does Synchronet only set the values at login?

No. When returning from a door that is configured to use XTRN.DAT drop file format and "Modify User Data" is set to "Yes" in SCFG, it will read in the MODUSER.DAT file and apply any changes.

I've since started using
    _useron.cdt but before when I was reading xtrn.dat and set a variable it wou not see the changes made from the user editor unless I logged off and back o and the xtrn.dat was being created everytime. I may have just jumbled this whole paragraph, let me know if I did.. hehe.

I also noticed this for SBJ, if I logged in with 5,000K, start SBJ (not play but just hit 'J' to see how many credits it sees) then exit; adjust my credi in the user editor (the gui app or using uedit) then go back in and press J, it still only sees 5,000K. What if a user is on and I wanted to give them m credits for file xfers or sbj, poker, etc... (that use xtrn.dat, don't know about the other drop files) they have to logoff and the back on before xtrn. will update?

UEdit should set the user-data-modified flag in the NODE.DAB and the user record would automatically be read back in. This has nothing to do with executing external programs or not. The GUI user editor does NOT set the user-data-modified flag.

Rob

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From altere@VERT/DARKDIM to Digital Man on Mon Jan 1 17:31:00 2001
    BY: Digital Man to altere on Sun Dec 31 2000 10:12 pm

UEdit should set the user-data-modified flag in the NODE.DAB and the user record would automatically be read back in. This has nothing to do with executing external programs or not. The GUI user editor does NOT set the user-data-modified flag.

So then, if I just logged in and initially had 1000K credits. I go into SBJ, press J, it says I have 1000K credits, now I quit SBJ completly. UEdit and +2000K (I should now have 3000K right?). Go back into SBJ, hit J and it still says I have 1000K, why not 3000K?

The point I'm getting at is as the sysop if I wanted to give a user that is currently online more credits it seems that they will have to logoff and then back on before SBJ will see those changes.

altere

---
  • From PistolGrip@VERT/WASTELND to altere on Mon Jan 1 18:09:00 2001
    BY: altere to Digital Man on Mon Jan 01 2001 05:31 pm

BY: Digital Man to altere on Sun Dec 31 2000 10:12 pm

The point I'm getting at is as the sysop if I wanted to give a user that is currently online more credits it seems that they will have to logoff and the back on before SBJ will see those changes.

The point is, if you're editing the user with the GUI user editor then the changes will probably not show up until after the user logs on again. If you're using ;UEDIT from the BBS then it will set the User Data Modified flag [U] to on for that node. Which you will notice a [U] behind the nodes' node status in SBBSCTRL. Once the [U] flag gets cleared then the changes have been activiated and you should see the new values in other programs.

PG

---
    þ Synchronet þ WasteLand BBS þ telnet://wasteland.darktech.org
  • From Digital Man@VERT to altere on Mon Jan 1 16:54:34 2001
    BY: altere to Digital Man on Mon Jan 01 2001 05:31 pm

So then, if I just logged in and initially had 1000K credits. I go into SBJ press J, it says I have 1000K credits, now I quit SBJ completly. UEdit and +2000K (I should now have 3000K right?). Go back into SBJ, hit J and it sti says I have 1000K, why not 3000K?

There's an easier way to check your credits, just hit "IY" from the main menu (using Synchronet classic command shell).

The point I'm getting at is as the sysop if I wanted to give a user that is currently online more credits it seems that they will have to logoff and the back on before SBJ will see those changes.

No. You need to run ;UEDIT from a different node than the user is on, however, and the changes will take effect immediately.

Rob

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From altere@VERT/DARKDIM to Digital Man on Tue Jan 2 10:20:00 2001
    BY: Digital Man to altere on Mon Jan 01 2001 04:54 pm

No. You need to run ;UEDIT from a different node than the user is on, howeve and the changes will take effect immediately.

Ahh, thats my problem, same node.

---