• Editing postit.js file to include a header

From Diamond Dave@VERT/DMINE to All on Sat Dec 3 16:04:33 2011
    I'm new with Javascript, so bear with me :)

I'd like to modify the postit.js file (the Javascript file that is a clone of the original Post-It oneliner program that was written in Baja back in 2000).

The current program doesn't have a header that says what it is. It just starts by displaying previous posts and the option for the user to add a new post if they'd like.

I'm sure it's a real simple mod to the file, I'm just not savvy enough to figure it out myself :)

Any help is appreciated! :)

*** Diamond Dave ***

*** Diamond Dave ***

---
    þ Synchronet þ Diamond Mine Online BBS - bbs.dmine.net
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Diamond Dave on Sun Dec 4 01:07:52 2011
    Re: Editing postit.js file to include a header
    By: Diamond Dave to All on Sat Dec 03 2011 08:04 am

I'm new with Javascript, so bear with me :)

I'd like to modify the postit.js file (the Javascript file that is a clone of the original Post-It oneliner program that was written in Baja back in 2000).
    The current program doesn't have a header that says what it is. It just starts by displaying previous posts and the option for the user to add a
    new post if they'd like.

I'm sure it's a real simple mod to the file, I'm just not savvy enough to figure it out myself :)

Any help is appreciated! :)

Before "function main()" add some print() calls to print the header you wish?

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #24:
    The Digital Dynamics company ceased day-to-day opperations in late 1995.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Diamond Dave@VERT/DMINE to Digital Man on Sun Dec 4 15:45:01 2011
    Re: Editing postit.js file to include a header
    By: Digital Man to Diamond Dave on Sat Dec 03 2011 05:07 pm

Before "function main()" add some print() calls to print the header you wish

I thought it was like a C/C++ program where you couldn't put anything before the function main() call? I guess Javascript is more foregiving?

*** Diamond Dave ***

---
    þ Synchronet þ Diamond Mine Online BBS - bbs.dmine.net