• IRCbot

From Cellguy@VERT/MSBGTN01 to All on Tue Feb 19 05:11:08 2019
    Ok, silly question, on the IRC Bot thats included with Synchronet, now do I get it to recognise my nick and make me operator of a channel I have it sitting in?
    ir even be able to use any of the admin commands?

---
    þ Synchronet þ * Sent from Slate Hell BBS, KJ4TKV.ORG (North East Tennessee Repeater Asc.)
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to Cellguy on Tue Feb 19 08:07:03 2019
    Re: IRCbot
    By: Cellguy to All on Mon Feb 18 2019 09:11 pm

Ok, silly question, on the IRC Bot thats included with Synchronet, now do I get it to recognise my nick and make me operator of a channel I have it sitting in?

It doesn't do that. You can use the Synchronet IRC services like Chanserv and Nickserv to auto-op you.

DaiTengu

... Opportunity: A favourable occasion for grasping a disappointment.

---
    þ Synchronet þ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com
  • From Cellguy@VERT/MSBGTN01 to DaiTengu on Tue Feb 19 14:13:38 2019

It doesn't do that. You can use the Synchronet IRC services like Chanserv and Nickserv to auto-op you.

DaiTengu

... Opportunity: A favourable occasion for grasping a disappointment.

---
    þ Synchronet þ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com
    Thanks!

---
    þ Synchronet þ * Sent from Slate Hell BBS, KJ4TKV.ORG (North East Tennessee Repeater Asc.)
  • From Mortifis@VERT/ALLEYCAT to Cellguy on Thu Feb 21 04:35:51 2019

any irc server with chanserv and nick serve ... first register your nick

/msg nickserv identify Choose-A-Password

once you get an acknowledgement that you are recognized join the channel you wish to 'own' and register your channel:
    /msg chanserv register #CHANNEL_NAME

then protect (not usually neccessary your channel
    /msg chanserv set #CHANNEL_NAME guard on

if you log onto irc and you are not automagically recognized:
    /msg nickserv identify Your-Password

having your own irc server running will give you /OPER rights on your irc server, but in order to gain that access you must have valid O and N lines ... nelgin or echicken can answer those question.

2 wrongs don't make a right, but 3 left turns will get you back on the freeway!

---
    þ Synchronet þ AlleyCat! BBS - http://alleycat.synchro.net:81