• Why should I upgrade to 49 from 48?

From TheNerd@21:1/230 to All on Thu Jun 13 16:29:07 2024
    Is there anything new in 49 or fixes that are important? Just wondering if its worth why to switch. I don't seem to remember any thing in the updates log for 49 yet.. unless I"m blind, in which case I urge you to mock me.

--- TheNerd -/- Sysop: NerdRage BBS -/- telnet: nerdragebbs.ddns.net

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: NerdRage BBS -.- telnet: nerdragebbs.ddns.net (21:1/230)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to TheNerd on Sat Jun 15 21:17:24 2024
    On 13 Jun 2024 at 04:29p, TheNerd pondered and said...

Is there anything new in 49 or fixes that are important? Just wondering if its worth why to switch. I don't seem to remember any thing in the updates log for 49 yet.. unless I"m blind, in which case I urge you to mock me.

I'd sit tight unless you're keen on a partial step change in what the software does... it's still pre-alpha, remained inactive for a number of months and has had a more recent update applied at the end of May... but that was the first in a while.

g00r00 has been seen active in FTN (Fido, and others??) in the last 6 weeks but that's the first time in sometime and it's not clear if he's got the time to work on Mystic at present or not.. if we see more updates to pre-alphas flowing in soon then that question will be answered :)

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going' avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From TheNerd@21:1/230 to Avon on Sat Jun 15 08:39:03 2024
    I'd sit tight unless you're keen on a partial step change in what the

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the latest greatest to be honest. But I'd switch if it fixed anything nagging me. ...I'm not sure there is anything nagging me.

--- TheNerd -/- Sysop: NerdRage BBS -/- telnet: nerdragebbs.ddns.net

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: NerdRage BBS -.- telnet: nerdragebbs.ddns.net (21:1/230)