• Filefix?

From Dumas Walker@dumas.walker@CAPCITY2.remove-r2q-this to All on Sun Apr 26 01:44:06 2020
    From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.synchronet

SBBSECHO responds to areafix commands but not filefix. I do have tickit set up to add file echos for nodes that connect here, but would like to give them a way
    to perform self-service with filefix commands.

Is anyone using a filefix agent with Synchronet/SBBSECHO? If so, what are you using and is the way to getting it working with SBBSECHO documented?

I tried doing a google search and only came up with links to a "filefix" program
    that works with file descriptions in SBBS file areas and is not the file echo program I was looking for.

Thanks!

#

---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP --- Synchronet 3.18a-Win32 NewsLink 1.112
    * Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Digital Man@digital.man@vert.synchro.net.remove-uj2-this to Dumas Walker on Sun Apr 26 04:48:12 2020

To: Dumas Walker
    Re: Filefix?
    By: Dumas Walker to All on Sat Apr 25 2020 06:44 pm

SBBSECHO responds to areafix commands but not filefix.

That is correct.

I do have tickit set
    up to add file echos for nodes that connect here, but would like to give them a way

I'll give it some thought. :-)

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #37:
    David St. Hubbins: We are Spinal Tap from the UK - you must be the USA!
    Norco, CA WX: 75.5øF, 44.0% humidity, 0 mph SSE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- Synchronet 3.18a-Win32 NewsLink 1.112
  • From Ragnarok@ragnarok@DOCKSUD.remove-v2o-this to Digital Man on Sun Apr 26 13:09:43 2020

To: Digital Man
    El 26/4/20 a las 01:48, Digital Man escribió:
    By: Dumas Walker to All on Sat Apr 25 2020 06:44 pm

SBBSECHO responds to areafix commands but not filefix.

That is correct.

I do have tickit set
    up to add file echos for nodes that connect here, but would like to give them a way

cool, i'm working on let points to people, fileechos it's one on the
    feateures that cound be great.

i already have working tickit.js and FREQ with (freqit) .
    i still had no success with hatchit.js, no errors, no logs. =(

---
    ï¿­ Synchronet ï¿­ Dock Sud BBS TLD 24 HS - bbs.docksud.com.ar
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Win32 NewsLink 1.112
  • From Rampage@rampage@SESTAR.remove-goi-this to Dumas Walker on Sun Apr 26 16:36:18 2020

By: Dumas Walker to All on Sat Apr 25 2020 18:44:06

Is anyone using a filefix agent with Synchronet/SBBSECHO?

at this point in time, there is none... i'm not aware of anything in development, either... it is something that i've been thinking about since i did my work on TickIT but i've not come up with a good/proper place to insert the "agent"... the way that sbbsecho processes netmails, it would seem that inside sbbsecho with the areafix stuff would be the best place but that means that sbbsecho would then need to understand the tickit.ini file and the sbbs file areas and that's probably not a good thing to have...

)\/(ark

---
    þ Synchronet þ The SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@poindexter.fortran@REALITY.remove-ni2-this to Digital Man on Sun Apr 26 16:31:00 2020

To: Digital Man
    Digital Man wrote to Dumas Walker <=-

I do have tickit set
    up to add file echos for nodes that connect here, but would like to give them a way to perform self-service with filefix commands.

I think I put my two cents in wishing for filefix support, too - would hope
    it wouldn't be that much more complex than the areafix logic.

... Discover your formulas and abandon them
    --- MultiMail/DOS v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Digital Man@digital.man@vert.synchro.net.remove-10ex-this to poindexter FORTRAN on Sun Apr 26 21:06:41 2020

To: poindexter FORTRAN
    Re: Re: Filefix?
    By: poindexter FORTRAN to Digital Man on Sun Apr 26 2020 09:31 am

Digital Man wrote to Dumas Walker <=-

I do have tickit set
    up to add file echos for nodes that connect here, but would like to give them a way to perform self-service with filefix commands.

I think I put my two cents in wishing for filefix support, too - would hope it wouldn't be that much more complex than the areafix logic.

It does help that tickit.ini is a .ini file. :-)

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #52:
    Answers to Frequently Asked Questions: http://wiki.synchro.net/faq:index
    Norco, CA WX: 87.2øF, 35.0% humidity, 9 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- Synchronet 3.18a-Win32 NewsLink 1.112
  • From Dumas Walker@dumas.walker@CAPCITY2.remove-c0i-this to DIGITAL MAN on Sun Apr 26 18:01:00 2020

To: DIGITAL MAN
    I do have tickit set

I am willing to use a third party solution, if there is one. Glad to hear
    you are thinking about it, though. :)

* SLMR 2.1a * Make headlines! Use a corduroy pillow.

---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP --- Synchronet 3.18a-Win32 NewsLink 1.112
  • From Ragnarok@ragnarok@DOCKSUD.remove-nrm-this to Ragnarok on Mon Apr 27 03:03:20 2020

To: Ragnarok
    El 26/4/20 a las 19:59, Ragnarok escribió:
    I dont known if area too muy dificult

I dont know if it is very difficult

---
  • From Ragnarok@ragnarok@DOCKSUD.remove-nrm-this to Rampage on Mon Apr 27 02:59:21 2020

To: Rampage
    El 26/4/20 a las 10:36, Rampage escribió:

at this point in time, there is none... i'm not aware of anything in development, either... it is something that i've been thinking about since i did my work on TickIT but i've not come up with a good/proper place to insert the "agent"... the way that sbbsecho processes netmails, it would seem that inside sbbsecho with the areafix stuff would be the best place but that means that sbbsecho would then need to understand the tickit.ini file and the sbbs file areas and that's probably not a good thing to have...

Maybe sbbsecho can implement some hooks seetings that call in-preocess
    js scripts

on_sbbsecho_start(some process paramaeter)
    on_nemail_incoming (the message)
    on_process_packet (the packet filename)
    on_sbbsecho_end (void)

etc..

---
  • From Rampage@rampage@SESTAR.remove-bs5-this to Dumas Walker on Mon Apr 27 03:38:48 2020

By: Dumas Walker to DIGITAL MAN on Sun Apr 26 2020 11:01:00

I do have tickit set up to add file echos for nodes that connect
    here, but would like to give them a way to perform self-service
    with filefix commands.

I am willing to use a third party solution, if there is one.

there is no 3rd party solution that works with tickit at this time...

Glad to hear you are thinking about it, though. :)

i've been thinking about this problem since i did the work i did to tickit in late 2018, early 2019... i've not come up with a solution yet...

if sbbsecho would write /all/ netmails to a transitory .msg file during processing, this and a few other things could be handled easier than they are currently... this would, however, make things a little slower and slightly more complicated than the current implementation... i constantly debate with myself about if sbbsecho should/could behave more like traditional FTN tossers... there are pluses and minuses... trying to assign weights to them is ""tough""... especially when other things are considered...

someone mentioned the ""dummy"" factor earlier... i agree that making thing easier for the general operator populous is a good thing on the one hand but then i look at the other hand holding the details about how FTM works and the capabilities there are for separate steps vs handle-it-all-in-one-run and... well... i dunno...

i've thought about asking for the ability to have post-unpack and pre-pack scripts so as to be able to handle some netmail msg tasks during those periods of sbbsecho's execution but there are other places that being able to execute an external script or utility would be handy, too... so i've just not even asked... especially since the capabilities would only be helpful to ""advance"" system configurations and tasks...

)\/(ark

---
    þ Synchronet þ The SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR
  • From Digital Man@digital.man@vert.synchro.net.remove-2nq-this to Ragnarok on Mon Apr 27 04:30:30 2020

To: Ragnarok
    Re: Re: Filefix?
    By: Ragnarok to Rampage on Sun Apr 26 2020 07:59 pm

El 26/4/20 a las 10:36, Rampage escribi¢:

Maybe sbbsecho can implement some hooks seetings that call in-preocess
    js scripts

on_sbbsecho_start(some process paramaeter)
    on_nemail_incoming (the message)
    on_process_packet (the packet filename)
    on_sbbsecho_end (void)

I considered that, but I didn't want to link in the JS engine just for this one function. So instead, I did the robot-trigger thing:

Add support for "robots": Right now, robots are for receiving netmail messages only (e.g. areamgr requests or whatever). In the future, they could be extended to echomail areas too, if that's desirable.

For now, it's really intended for ticket-FileFix.

Anyway, NetMail can be received for the robot-name@<your-ftn-address> and
    the mail message will be stored in the Synchronet "mail" base. The recipient extension will be absent since there is no valid user account associated with the robot. Robot names supercede other user names/aliases for received netmail. If one or more netmail messages were imported for a robot and that robot has
    a semaphore path/filename specified (e.g. to trigger a timed event), then that semaphore will be "touched" before SBBSecho exits.
    One weird anomly with this is if attached files are received for robots, those files will be stored in data/user/0000.in. The altnerative is to just ignore file attachments sent to robots.

The echofg supprot for robots is still yet to be added. In the mean time, you can add robots to your sbbsecho.ini like so:
    [robot:<name>]
    semfile=/path/to/semfile

Incremented version to 3.11.

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #14:
    The Boston gig has been cancelled. [Don't] worry, it's not a big college town. Norco, CA WX: 69.6øF, 55.0% humidity, 0 mph S wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs