• Another strange issue - Synchterm

From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-wx8-this to All on Tue May 12 18:54:44 2020
    From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.synchronet

This may be local to my machine, haven't tested elsewhere. When you go into Kannons and Katapults it shuts down synchterm after update. I think it's when it tries to play the ansi music.

---TLM

---
    þ Synchronet þ Nite Eyes BBS - To make people happy about my tagline everywhere...
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Win32 NewsLink 1.113
    * Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Digital Man@digital.man@vert.synchro.net.remove-8dt-this to The Lizard Master on Tue May 12 16:05:16 2020

To: The Lizard Master
    Re: Another strange issue - Synchterm
    By: The Lizard Master to All on Tue May 12 2020 11:54 am

This may be local to my machine, haven't tested elsewhere. When you go into Kannons and Katapults it shuts down synchterm after update. I think it's when it tries to play the ansi music.

If this is with SyncTERM v1.1rc3, please submit a bug report at https://sourceforge.net/p/syncterm/tickets/

digital man

Sling Blade quote #5:
    Karl Childers (to father): You ought not killed my little brother...
    Norco, CA WX: 61.1øF, 81.0% humidity, 0 mph WNW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- Synchronet 3.18a-Win32 NewsLink 1.113
  • From poison@poison@1:229/424.remove-v3t-this to The Lizard Master on Tue May 12 20:30:36 2020

Mine does it with operation overkill. If I change the ansi setting to not extended it doesnt do it.

* Patrick Siglin - bbs.memphistw.org *
    --- SBBSecho 3.06-Win32
    * Origin: bbs.memphistw.org (1:229/424)
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-wye-this to All on Tue May 12 21:51:05 2020

Okay, so this might not be the best place to unload all the bugs for syncterm, just let me know, but I was able to run KNK on MgiTerm no issue. I also run some old solitare games that are heavy on the use of the number keypad. For some reason there seems to be a huuuuge buffer on that now. So like 6 would move to the right of the cards you have to mash it now. I connected using MagiTerm and it worked no problem.

---TLM

---
    þ Synchronet þ Nite Eyes BBS - To make people happy about my tagline everywhere...
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-jli-this to Digital Man on Tue May 12 22:39:58 2020

To: Digital Man
    By: Digital Man to The Lizard Master on Tue May 12 2020 09:05 am

If this is with SyncTERM v1.1rc3, please submit a bug report at https://sourceforge.net/p/syncterm/tickets/

Gotcha, doing that now.

---TLM

---
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-fra-this to poison on Thu May 28 22:49:21 2020

To: poison
    By: poison to The Lizard Master on Tue May 12 2020 01:30 pm

Mine does it with operation overkill. If I change the ansi setting to not extended it doesnt do it.

For Minesweeper it actually executes the JS as a login event, which is cool, I'd like to continue doing that. It still flies past. I just got back around to messing with it. I deleted the logon event, re-created it, also tried the force pause after executing. The screen was working before I updated the .js for it to make it work with mouse click and syncterm.

I see that it displays when I use scrollback, I just can't enfoce a pause after ward, or it does a CLS for some reason.

Thanks!

---TLM

---
  • From Digital Man@digital.man@vert.synchro.net.remove-wry-this to The Lizard Master on Fri May 29 01:10:36 2020

Re: Minesweeper Winners Logon Event
    By: The Lizard Master to poison on Thu May 28 2020 03:49 pm

By: poison to The Lizard Master on Tue May 12 2020 01:30 pm

For Minesweeper it actually executes the JS as a login event, which is cool, I'd like to continue doing that. It still flies past. I just got back around to messing with it. I deleted the logon event, re-created it, also tried the force pause after executing. The screen was working before I updated the .js for it to make it work with mouse click and syncterm.

I see that it displays when I use scrollback, I just can't enfoce a pause after ward, or it does a CLS for some reason.

Looks like you're running an sbbs build from May 11. Try updating.

digital man

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #55:
    PET = Personal Electronic Transactor (Commodore computer)
    Norco, CA WX: 75.5øF, 62.0% humidity, 10 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-qsw-this to Digital Man on Fri May 29 15:27:11 2020

By: Digital Man to The Lizard Master on Thu May 28 2020 06:10 pm

Ah okay, will try that later.

---TLM

---
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-f5x-this to Digital Man on Fri May 29 19:01:06 2020

By: The Lizard Master to Digital Man on Fri May 29 2020 08:27 am

Ah okay, will try that later.

Yep, that worked, thanks.

---TLM

---