• Re: [EchoIRLP] Re: EchoLink Test Server Problem

From 'Tony Langdon' echoirlp@freeway.apa@432:1/101 to Ed Wilson ed.wilson@ymail on Mon Aug 22 14:32:00 2016
    --G6SDWqB11aVNQ7bsAlgDVDxt1eR-Ql7htauNP5P
    Content-Type: text/plain
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Ed Wilson ed.wilson@ymail.com [EchoIRLP] wrote to EchoIRLP@yahoogroups.com
    <=-

Tony,
    I checked my tbd.conf file and MaxClients is set to 2.
    As another piece of troubleshooting info, I noted that my EchoIRLP node (K0= KC-L, 46140) does not show up as online on either a Windows
    EchoLink client=
    or one on my iPhone EchoLink App. As a test, I entered K0KC-L and the appr= opriate password on my Windows client and the node did show up as online, s= o I assume that there is not a validation issue.
    When I try to make an EchoLink connection with my EchoIRLP node (other than=
    the EchoLink Test Server) I receive a message that I am connecting to the = desired call sign, but the connection always seems to time-out. Thanks in advance to you or anyone else who might be able to shed some ligh= t on my problems.=C2=A0Ed, K0KC

Hmm, are you able to log into Echolink on a Windows PC using the node's callsign and password? If so, then validation is still good. If not, you need to contact the Echolink support team. What does /var/log/messages on the node show? Any clues as to why tbd is not working. Oh, and the obvious one - is tbs still running on the node?

You'll need to troubleshoot the node and eliminate the variables one by one, until you find what's not working.

.... I'm shocked that country managed to become a super power!
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    --- Synchronet 3.16c-Linux ListGate 1.3
    * Freeway BBS - Bendigo, Victoria, Australia - telnet://freeway.apana.org.au

--G6SDWqB11aVNQ7bsAlgDVDxt1eR-Ql7htauNP5P
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
    <html>
    <head>
    </head>

<body style="background-color: #fff;">
    <span style="display:none">&nbsp;</span>

<!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStartT|**|-~-->
    <div id="ygrp-mlmsg" style="position:relative;">
    <div id="ygrp-msg" style="z-index: 1;">
    <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEndT|**|-~-->

<div id="ygrp-text" >

<p>-=&gt; Ed Wilson ed.wilson@ymail.com [EchoIRLP] wrote to EchoIRLP@yahoogroups.com<br>
    &lt;=-<br>

EW[&gt; Tony,<br>
    EW[&gt; I checked my tbd.conf file and MaxClients is set to 2.<br>
    EW[&gt; As another piece of troubleshooting info, I noted that my EchoIRLP node<br>
    EW[&gt; (K0= KC-L, 46140) does not show up
  • From 'Tony Langdon' echoirlp@freeway.apa@432:1/101 to Ed Wilson ed.wilson@ymail on Mon Aug 22 14:32:00 2016
    --7zVWwXRtVMAsd59QUgdDFC5kGQ7gUOyaNT6JzYB
    Content-Type: text/plain

Ed Wilson ed.wilson@ymail.com [EchoIRLP] wrote to EchoIRLP@yahoogroups.com
    <=-

Tony,
    I checked my tbd.conf file and MaxClients is set to 2.
    As another piece of troubleshooting info, I noted that my EchoIRLP node (K0= KC-L, 46140) does not show up as online on either a Windows
    EchoLink client=
    or one on my iPhone EchoLink App. As a test, I entered K0KC-L and the appr= opriate password on my Windows client and the node did show up as online, s= o I assume that there is not a validation issue.
    When I try to make an EchoLink connection with my EchoIRLP node (other than=
    the EchoLink Test Server) I receive a message that I am connecting to the = desired call sign, but the connection always seems to time-out. Thanks in advance to you or anyone else who might be able to shed some ligh= t on my problems.=C2=A0Ed, K0KC

Hmm, are you able to log into Echolink on a Windows PC using the node's callsign and password? If so, then validation is still good. If not, you need to contact the Echolink support team. What does /var/log/messages on the node show? Any clues as to why tbd is not working. Oh, and the obvious one - is tbs still running on the node?

You'll need to troubleshoot the node and eliminate the variables one by one, until you find what's not working.

.... I'm shocked that country managed to become a super power!
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    --- Synchronet 3.16c-Linux ListGate 1.3
    * Freeway BBS - Bendigo, Victoria, Australia - telnet://freeway.apana.org.au

--7zVWwXRtVMAsd59QUgdDFC5kGQ7gUOyaNT6JzYB
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
    <html>
    <head>
    </head>

<body style="background-color: #fff;">
    <span style="display:none">&nbsp;</span>

<!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStartT|**|-~-->
    <div id="ygrp-mlmsg" style="position:relative;">
    <div id="ygrp-msg" style="z-index: 1;">
    <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEndT|**|-~-->

<div id="ygrp-text" >

<p>-=&gt; Ed Wilson ed.wilson@ymail.com [EchoIRLP] wrote to EchoIRLP@yahoogroups.com<br>
    &lt;=-<br>

EW[&gt; Tony,<br>
    EW[&gt; I checked my tbd.conf file and MaxClients is set to 2.<br>
    EW[&gt; As another piece of troubleshooting info, I noted that my EchoIRLP node<br>
    EW[&gt; (K0= KC-L, 46140) does not show up